Bring One Former Player In Their Prime Back To The Dolphins Team Today, Who Would It Be? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring One Former Player In Their Prime Back To The Dolphins Team Today, Who Would It Be?

Which former player will make the most impact (not your favorite player) for 2018?

• Dan Marino

• Zach Thomas

• Jason Taylor

• Ricky Williams

• Sam Madison

• Dwight Stephenson

• Tim Bowens

• Richmond Webb

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
We agree to disagree on this. I lived through the entire Dan Marino era. You may be able to say they could've drafted a little better, but if you're going to use that caveat it would apply to anyone. Dan's play was intoxicating, like a good drug, but players with less talent were far more effective Montana, Aikman, Young, even Jim Kelly. You can't argue with Dan's accomplishments, but I think they only served to keep a mediocre team above water. I love Dan, but he was what he was.

I agree we need to just agree to disagree, because unlike most of those guys, Dan could almost score at will, the higher the pressure, the more you felt Dan would get it done, also his Offenses were among the highest scorers, but the defense could rarely could hold the opponent (Miami scored, the defense would give it right back), but what made that defense impossible to win a championship with, was in pressure time, they would fold almost every time. I was in Highschool when Dan was drafted, and in college when he hit his prime years...the one time Miami reached the SB, they had a Defense that could get it done. Montana & Young had good defenses to help them, Aikman had a great defense to help him, when those defense did not perform...none of them reached the Superbowl. Danny did not need a great defense, in fact he did not even need a good defense, he just needed a solid defense that could stop opponents some of the time, allowing Dan to more times then not put games out of reach.

Name of the game was to outscore your opponent, Danny did his part, scoring more points then anyone, defense though made it very difficult, and that fell on the DC.

Back
Top Bottom