Brissett: “I don’t consider myself a backup quarterback. I’m the starter” | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brissett: “I don’t consider myself a backup quarterback. I’m the starter”

Meh....don't backups always have to say that? Something about showing confidence? I remember Matt Moore saying the same thing too.

I didn't hear the quote, but if worded exactly that way, it was a dumb way to word his response.....especially coming from a veteran QB brought in to mentor the young starting QB immediately after he goes down with an injury.

He could have said i always prepare like a starter so i'm ready to step in when coach calls on me, or when needed. He could have said this is Tua's team but i'm ready to step into that role until he's back. He could have said i've been a starter and always see myself as a starter, so i'm ready to be the guy as long as this team needs me. He said none of those.

That said, he's no starter. He's week old trash on a hot summer day. If you go back and look at his starting history, he's a sub 60% completion guy who threw for sub-200 yards in over half his NFL starts.

I didn't hear the quote, but if worded exactly that way, it was a dumb way to word his response.....especially coming from a veteran QB brought in to mentor the young starting QB immediately after he goes down with an injury.

He could have said i always prepare like a starter so i'm ready to step in when coach calls on me, or when needed. He could have said this is Tua's team but i'm ready to step into that role until he's back. He could have said i've been a starter and always see myself as a starter, so i'm ready to be the guy as long as this team needs me. He said none of those.

That said, he's no starter. He's week old trash on a hot summer day. If you go back and look at his starting history, he's a sub 60% completion guy who threw for sub-200 yards in over half his NFL starts.
Read his actual quote. The OP misrepresented what was said

He played three and a half quarters and the offense put up zero points. He has a losing record as a starter in the NFL over his career. So if he is the Dolphins starter, we are in for a long season and the Eagles will be getting a top 10 pick with the Dolphins first round pick.

I dont think any qb would have been able to do anything behind this line today. Crazy reversal from last year, we basically reverted back to Flo's first year atrocious line play. Added to the untimely drops and turnovers, and unable to convert on 4th down twice, we were kind of doomed. The defense kept us in it as best as they could until realizing it wasnt going to matter because the offense couldnt do anything.

At some point they have to look at Grier and scouting, no?
When we didn’t clean house with Tannebaum and Gase, didn’t you also lose hope that “some point” would ever come? Cause I did.

Grier had shown little up to that point when we did the “reset”. He was a mixed bag and still is. At some point, you have to move on from mediocrity.

I dont think any qb would have been able to do anything behind this line today. Crazy reversal from last year, we basically reverted back to Flo's first year atrocious line play. Added to the untimely drops and turnovers, and unable to convert on 4th down twice, we were kind of doomed. The defense kept us in it as best as they could until realizing it wasnt going to matter because the offense couldnt do anything.
I agree and that’s why the anti-Tua crowd blaming him is ridiculous. I feel with a decent OL Tua will be a great NFL QB. At this point with the Dolphins unable to build an OL in years, Tua would be fortunate if they traded him. Because if he goes to a team with a solid OL, the anti-Tua crowd would realize he was never the problem in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom