Brissett: “I don’t consider myself a backup quarterback. I’m the starter” | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brissett: “I don’t consider myself a backup quarterback. I’m the starter”

I agree very odd thing to say, makes me think there isn't anyone outside of whomever drafted him or the ownership that actually believe in Tua.

I actually am curious about the lockeroom dynamics.....

If you beleive all the media reports about Watson, the ownership may not believe in Tua either.

It was an arrogant and stupid thing to say especially considering how bad he played. He came in due to an injury to the starting QB and laid an egg for three and a half qrt.

He never had this defense. He will be the starter. Sorry Tua lover.
What does defense have with a guy's ability to play QB? BTW, the Colts had a good season with him starting and playing game management football, so not only is your argument a poor one, you aren't even getting the facts right.

As we saw today, I don’t think we can beat anyone with Brissett starting. I’d love to be wrong but there’s no juice there whatsoever.

Just went and listened to the tape. There's nothing wrong with what Brissett said at all. In response to a series of questions, he essentially said that he considers himself good enough to be a starter in this league and doesn't think of himself as a "backup QB," that he prepares as if he were the starter week in and week out because you never know when your number might be called.
Thanks for looking into this. That sounds like the perfect backup QB answer they are supposed to give.

What does defense have with a guy's ability to play QB? BTW, the Colts had a good season with him starting and playing game management football, so not only is your argument a poor one, you aren't even getting the facts right.
Because you everyone here judges Tua on wins. Brissett therefore will have more wins with this team.

Brissett has had a chance to start three different times in his career and has never "gone on a roll". He is merely a game manager who would still be starting for the Colts if were anything different.
The only thing he manage to do today was look like crap.

Brisket is the starter. Tua is not going to be able to play for many weeks. If Brisset gets on a roll, it will be tough to pull him...then enter Flores, shades of last year...
I think this is it. Tua’s X-ray was negative but MRI tomorrow and probably bruised ribs. Likely will be out a while. I suspect Brisset was talking in that context. At least I hope so.

The op is like msm. Post a headline to get a reaction then dissappear.

Back
Top Bottom