Brissett: “I don’t consider myself a backup quarterback. I’m the starter” | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brissett: “I don’t consider myself a backup quarterback. I’m the starter”

I have no issue with Brissett's comments. Good for him, frankly. Looks like Tua's injury will cause him to miss some time, so Brissett will certainly have the opportunity to prove he should be the starter.

My prediction: Tua will be rushed back into the lineup when his ribs have healed enough for him to survive contact.

Coach has lost the team if that isn't addressed immediately!!!!!
Flo said post game he hopes Tua can go next week and if he can’t it’s next man up. Tua is the starter and will stay the starter when he’s healed.

Just went and listened to the tape. There's nothing wrong with what Brissett said at all. In response to a series of questions, he essentially said that he considers himself good enough to be a starter in this league and doesn't think of himself as a "backup QB," that he prepares as if he were the starter week in and week out because you never know when your number might be called.

id trade for chad henne just for the nostalgia of a time when i still had hope in this crap franchise

I agree very odd thing to say, makes me think there isn't anyone outside of whomever drafted him or the ownership that actually believe in Tua.

I actually am curious about the lockeroom dynamics.....
What a joke

Taken way out of context.
It's not only taken way out of context, it's not even quoted properly by the OP. Brissett didn't say: "I'm the starter." As in, I'm the starter of the Miami Dolphins, this is my team, not Tua's. He said: "I'm a starter." As in, I'm good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.

If Tua was good then no one what have issues with those comments.

It's not only taken way out of context, it's not even quoted properly by the OP. Brissett didn't say: "I'm the starter." As in, I'm the starter of the Miami Dolphins, this is my team, not Tua's. He said: "I'm a starter." As in, I'm good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.
Not suprised.

He looks better than Tua, so yeah he is the starter.
Tua was hurt on the second drive of the game. Brissett was outscored 28-0 as the starter today. I will admit the entire offense was trash today, but you have to be crazy to think Brissett is a starting caliber QB. He’s just another coin flip guy like Fitz.

Tua was hurt on the second drive of the game. Brissett was outscored 28-0 as the starter today. I will admit the entire offense was trash today, but you have to be crazy to think Brissett is a starting caliber QB. He’s just another coin flip guy like Fitz.

Tua was what 1-4 13 yards before he was injured. Tua sucks too

Back
Top Bottom