Brooks is Available | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brooks is Available

Joneal7 said:
all i know is ...Brooks completes a better percentage of his passes than Gus
seriously now, I see your point though we gotta analize the whole package..And he'd not be MUCH of an upgrade over Gus IMO. Cause whoever we bring in will have to learn the system, something gus already knows, and gives him the edge over guys like brooks, who are not significant upgrades.
Now, talking about Brees,DC, or a rookie, that would be worth the learning process

Jay Fiedler is available too....doesn't mean we should get him. :tantrum:

havanahec said:
Aaron Brooks

He would be a upgrade.

Why bother, I've shown the same stats before an tried to plead a case for Brooks, but obviously facts are of little consequence to the fans here. I'd like to know with those stats, how "he sucks" is an intelligent valid remark. Mind boggling!!!

Here's more on Brooks, Please people read it before you make more stupid comments.:

After five seasons in New Orleans (2000-04), Brooks ranks second in club history in every major passing category - including yards (16,274), attempts (2,340), completions (1,323) and touchdowns (107) - and first with an 81.5 passer rating. He has emerged as one of the NFL's top quarterbacks since 2001, with 98 touchdown tosses over that span and over 3,500 yards each season. Brooks has thrown for over 250 yards in a team-record 28 regular season games, and in 30 contests including the playoffs. In 2004, he completed 309-of-542 attempts for 3,810 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. It was the fourth straight season where he had over 20 touchdown passes and over 3,500 passing yards, with both streaks signifying the best in Saints record books. Since arriving in New Orleans, he has emerged as one of the NFL's top comeback artists by engineering 16 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, including five in 2004. Brooks took over as the team leader in 2000 in relief of injured starter Jeff Blake in Week 11 (vs. Oakland, 11/19/00), started the following week and has not missed the opening snap since. Brooks has played in 72 regular-season games with the Saints, including starting the last 69 contests. His 441 passing yards vs. Denver (12/3/00) is the highest single-game total in franchise history, and Brooks is also the only Saints quarterback to rush for over 100 yards in a contest (108 vs. San Francisco, 12/10/00). Last season vs. the Broncos (11/21/04), Brooks set club marks for attempts (60) and completions (34) in a contest.

feelthepain said:
Why bother, I've shown the same stats before an tried to plead a case for Brooks, but obviously facts are of little consequence to the fans here. I'd like to know with those stats, how "he sucks" is an intelligent valid remark. Mind boggling!!!

There mentality is he plays for the Saints so he must suck.

death7star said:
he stinks.

he is lost half the time out there.

i hate gus, but even a gus hater like me admits that gus > brooks.

Although I agree that Gus stinks, Brooks on a very bad team had only two more turnovers than Frerotte who was on a winning team. Brooks lost his main back for the year so at least he was on a depleted team. Brooks has one season of 27 tds and 15 Int and another of 24Tds and 8 int. Last year was the first time he threw more interceptions than td's. Brooks at his best is far superior to Gus Frerotte at his best and at his worst he is fairly equal to Frerotte's so called good seasons.

Mitchy71 said:
For a lot cheaper then Brees or Cullpeper I bet.

Les East, of the Advocate, reports New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis confirmed the long-anticipated departure of QB Aaron Brooks hours before the league's trading and free agent-signing period got off to a belated start thanks to the protracted negotiations on a new labor agreement. "We're going to move on," Loomis told SIRIUS NFL Radio. "That's what it comes down to and how we do that will be determined in the next few weeks." Loomis said it's unlikely the Saints will be able to trade Brooks.

He's a lot worse than Brees and Culpepper so I'd hope he'd be cheaper

chris84chambers said:
i think id rather have gus over brooks. downgrade.

Please post Gus's numbers and then post Brook's numbers and then tell me how you came to that conclusion. You can lead a horse to water,but....

feelthepain said:

Here's more on Brooks, Please people read it before you make more stupid comments.:

After five seasons in New Orleans (2000-04), Brooks ranks second in club history in every major passing category - including yards (16,274), attempts (2,340), completions (1,323) and touchdowns (107) - and first with an 81.5 passer rating. He has emerged as one of the NFL's top quarterbacks since 2001, with 98 touchdown tosses over that span and over 3,500 yards each season. Brooks has thrown for over 250 yards in a team-record 28 regular season games, and in 30 contests including the playoffs. In 2004, he completed 309-of-542 attempts for 3,810 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. It was the fourth straight season where he had over 20 touchdown passes and over 3,500 passing yards, with both streaks signifying the best in Saints record books. Since arriving in New Orleans, he has emerged as one of the NFL's top comeback artists by engineering 16 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, including five in 2004. Brooks took over as the team leader in 2000 in relief of injured starter Jeff Blake in Week 11 (vs. Oakland, 11/19/00), started the following week and has not missed the opening snap since. Brooks has played in 72 regular-season games with the Saints, including starting the last 69 contests. His 441 passing yards vs. Denver (12/3/00) is the highest single-game total in franchise history, and Brooks is also the only Saints quarterback to rush for over 100 yards in a contest (108 vs. San Francisco, 12/10/00). Last season vs. the Broncos (11/21/04), Brooks set club marks for attempts (60) and completions (34) in a contest.

WOW I must admit that is pretty impressive. Maybe the problem is he plays for the Saints. Could be if he got a new start with a solid franchise with a HC that made him stay focused he could be what we need. Great post, made me rethink my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom