Brothers.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brothers....

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It is okay to disagree and have a different point of view. We should approach each other as a fellow brother and Dolphin fan. Talk as if you were sitting right next to each other having a social sparkler or two. Please try to remember the other person has feelings as well. Instead of being disrespectful in your return post how about I understand your point of view on this matter however my opinion differs from yours and here's why. You can also state I respectfully disagree with your post and explain why you do rather than a quick hit and run. You can also counter the debate in response to there post. If you see a good post give a thanks or leave a post saying so.:hi5:

Remember this staff is made of great volunteers who donate there time and energies to ensure this site stays in line. Please don't give them more to do. I have been there and done that. Bottom line we as a brotherhood can elevate this site to the level it can and should be at. Thanks for your time for reading this post, your membership, and support of this awesome site!

Take Care,

John
Fin Fan In Cali

[video=youtube;sqdNcAjj9p4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdNcAjj9p4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
So true.

Oh, and that my friends, that clip, is classic Aussie rock at its finest.

INXS and Michael Hutchence plus Jimmy Barnes from Cold Chisel.

Enjoy the words from John, enjoy the music from Down Under.

Class act, Sir. If anything I think we have far more to agree about, than not to agree about. Lets remember that we all hope for the same goal, we just disagree about how to get there. Everyone's opinion counts as much as yours. Well said.

I'm one of the most cynical, jaded and pessimistic fans going, and even I'm a huge fan of what the FO has done over the last 2 off seasons... Philbin and Coyle can still go get ****ed, but the point is if I can be turned, anybody can. This should be an off season for optimism in 2015. I think we have a lot to look forward to on both sides of the ball, but I'm excited to see Tannehill take the next step with all of these young playmakers that he's now surrounded with. I just hope they can keep him upright.

Its easy to be 12 foot tall and bullet proof behind a computer screen. 99% of the things people say on here to people with differing opines would never EVER be said to a stranger face to face. You can hate someone as much as you think you want but if you talk to that person every day about your faviorite sports teams...guess what? Yall are buddies lol.

I think it's worth saying something about the "thumbs down" button too. The thumbs down shouldn't be used on post that has an opinion you don't agree with. It should be reserved for posts that are truly troll material or a thought that is so outlandish and bizarre that you can't make heads or tails of it.

Examples:

Don't thumbs down: "I don't think our offensive line is going to be that much improved becasue we might be starting a rookie at LG."

Do thumbs down: "Ha ha, Parker loves Spongebob? What a moronic little kid. I think he'll fail as a WR."

I mean, seriously, there are some posters on this board that think the thumbs down button is their best friend. I never see some of them actually make a post about something but they sure as hell can hit that thumbs down button.

I appreciate the thread -

I am not thumbs upping it however - it is a carefully weighted message of love to the brotherhood a brotherhood which I have been a part of for some 10 years - the trolling the baiting the disrespect the lack of accountability by the brotherhood is a farce - Membership. I fully agree

I think it's worth saying something about the "thumbs down" button too. The thumbs down shouldn't be used on post that has an opinion you don't agree with. It should be reserved for posts that are truly troll material or a thought that is so outlandish and bizarre that you can't make heads or tails of it.

Examples:

Don't thumbs down: "I don't think our offensive line is going to be that much improved becasue we might be starting a rookie at LG."

Do thumbs down: "Ha ha, Parker loves Spongebob? What a moronic little kid. I think he'll fail as a WR."

I mean, seriously, there are some posters on this board that think the thumbs down button is their best friend. I never see some of them actually make a post about something but they sure as hell can hit that thumbs down button.

Well who can blame parker for liking SpongeBob. Such an awesome little sponge.

Good thread John. I try to always be respectful. You can disagree and have a solid debate without name calling or insulting.

Well put John. Sometimes the anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is okay to disagree and have a different point of view. We should approach each other as a fellow brother and Dolphin fan. Talk as if you were sitting right next to each other having a social sparkler or two. Please try to remember the other person has feelings as well. Instead of being disrespectful in your return post how about I understand your point of view on this matter however my opinion differs from yours and here's why. You can also state I respectfully disagree with your post and explain why you do rather than a quick hit and run. You can also counter the debate in response to there post. If you see a good post give a thanks or leave a post saying so.:hi5:

Remember this staff is made of great volunteers who donate there time and energies to ensure this site stays in line. Please don't give them more to do. I have been there and done that. Bottom line we as a brotherhood can elevate this site to the level it can and should be at. Thanks for your time for reading this post, your membership, and support of this awesome site!

Take Care,

John
Fin Fan In Cali

[video=youtube;sqdNcAjj9p4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdNcAjj9p4[/video]

Like always, very well said.

Back
Top Bottom