Brothers.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brothers....

Well said brother, since the day I joined finheaven I've enjoyed reading your posts and insights. I honestly love coming on here and talking with all of my finheaven brothers. There's not a day that goes by where I don't visit these boards. I will admit I've got in trouble with warnings a time or two but I have calmed down over the years lol. The best thing is to just think before you post.

Those creature's that inhabit the PoFo tend to bring their animosity to the football forum. Keep em separated boys :chuckle:

Well said brother, since the day I joined finheaven I've enjoyed reading your posts and insights. I honestly love coming on here and talking with all of my finheaven brothers. There's not a day that goes by where I don't visit these boards. I will admit I've got in trouble with warnings a time or two but I have calmed down over the years lol. The best thing is to just think before you post.

I think it's worth saying something about the "thumbs down" button too. The thumbs down shouldn't be used on post that has an opinion you don't agree with. It should be reserved for posts that are truly troll material or a thought that is so outlandish and bizarre that you can't make heads or tails of it.

Examples:

Don't thumbs down: "I don't think our offensive line is going to be that much improved becasue we might be starting a rookie at LG."

Do thumbs down: "Ha ha, Parker loves Spongebob? What a moronic little kid. I think he'll fail as a WR."

I mean, seriously, there are some posters on this board that think the thumbs down button is their best friend. I never see some of them actually make a post about something but they sure as hell can hit that thumbs down button.

I mean seriously?

Very well said. Almost every post I have typed here, I find myself refreshing the page or checking back waiting for the negative or rude comment to come in. You would think this is an AFC EAST website not just the Dolphins...LOL.
I think its great to have fun, joke and jab at each other, but there is a difference between that and people just always looking for the negatives or always posting them.

It is okay to disagree and have a different point of view. We should approach each other as a fellow brother and Dolphin fan. Talk as if you were sitting right next to each other having a social sparkler or two. Please try to remember the other person has feelings as well. Instead of being disrespectful in your return post how about I understand your point of view on this matter however my opinion differs from yours and here's why. You can also state I respectfully disagree with your post and explain why you do rather than a quick hit and run. You can also counter the debate in response to there post. If you see a good post give a thanks or leave a post saying so.:hi5:

Remember this staff is made of great volunteers who donate there time and energies to ensure this site stays in line. Please don't give them more to do. I have been there and done that. Bottom line we as a brotherhood can elevate this site to the level it can and should be at. Thanks for your time for reading this post, your membership, and support of this awesome site!

Take Care,

John
Fin Fan In Cali

[video=youtube;sqdNcAjj9p4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdNcAjj9p4[/video]

What if you're posting with a Jets or Bills fan?

I think it's worth saying something about the "thumbs down" button too. The thumbs down shouldn't be used on post that has an opinion you don't agree with. It should be reserved for posts that are truly troll material or a thought that is so outlandish and bizarre that you can't make heads or tails of it.

Examples:

Don't thumbs down: "I don't think our offensive line is going to be that much improved becasue we might be starting a rookie at LG."

Do thumbs down: "Ha ha, Parker loves Spongebob? What a moronic little kid. I think he'll fail as a WR."

I mean, seriously, there are some posters on this board that think the thumbs down button is their best friend. I never see some of them actually make a post about something but they sure as hell can hit that thumbs down button.
Brother I hear what you are saying about the thumbs down as I have received it some times for what reason I don't know why.

John I've been meaning to ask - ever heard of the band Smokie?
No sir but I will give them a listen when I get a chance.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

What if you're posting with a Jets or Bills fan?
Bro I am the same way no matter who they are fans of.

A little bit goes a long way. There are many many members here who contribute,ome make big contributions and some small...to me, finheaven is generally a positive experience daily due in part to its members

It is okay to disagree and have a different point of view. We should approach each other as a fellow brother and Dolphin fan. Talk as if you were sitting right next to each other having a social sparkler or two. Please try to remember the other person has feelings as well. Instead of being disrespectful in your return post how about I understand your point of view on this matter however my opinion differs from yours and here's why. You can also state I respectfully disagree with your post and explain why you do rather than a quick hit and run. You can also counter the debate in response to there post. If you see a good post give a thanks or leave a post saying so.:hi5:

Remember this staff is made of great volunteers who donate there time and energies to ensure this site stays in line. Please don't give them more to do. I have been there and done that. Bottom line we as a brotherhood can elevate this site to the level it can and should be at. Thanks for your time for reading this post, your membership, and support of this awesome site!

Take Care,

John
Fin Fan In Cali

[video=youtube;sqdNcAjj9p4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdNcAjj9p4[/video]

I'm trying so very hard.

I'm trying very, VERY hard to not be too optimistic. Because I've been that guy. I've been the cheerleader, that bluebird of happiness for way too freakin' long. And it's odd, because after last year's defensive collapse, I was just...spent. I was done. But it has ramped up since the hiring of Tannenbaum (which I hated) to present day, and I'm looking at this team and thinking "You know what? They know what they're doing better than I do." I haven't thought that for 20 years.

They're pretty much making the right move every single time. And I look, and think..."what if they're all finally on the same page? What does that mean?"

I think it might mean that they're finally good again. Because we're seeing weird stuff where all of the players on the team can actually work together. And I'm not sure what that means.

But it just might be three generations of Fins fans coming together to be happy.

I thought you might enjoy this next bit. My generation is clearly The Edge, but I do love me a good jack White Riff.

[video=youtube;5m9tDkic_GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m9tDkic_GM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom