Broward commissioners oppose Dolphins stadium deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broward commissioners oppose Dolphins stadium deal

That stadium was a lost cause the day it was built. No offense to Joe Robbie but what was he thinking when he chose that location.

That stadium was a lost cause the day it was built. No offense to Joe Robbie but what was he thinking when he chose that location.

it is in the worst location.. the straight ghetto.. when I went to a game for the first time last year, driving through the ghetto, I thought we were gonna get robbed.

Would be nice if we can get a new stadium/location but Ross would want major help from the county/state and that's just not going to happen. If you move that stadium to the Orange Bowl location (well the new Marlins ballpark location), or if you move that stadium right next door of the Triple A, we would be hearing less bitching about attendance. If you're going to represent the city of Miami with a football team you should be representing the city as a whole, not the ****ing ghetto in the middle of nowhere. You won't be seeing ESPN showing South Beach when they're airing the Dolphins, because the stadium location is far from there. They would be showing a garbage dump or a burned house.

I think it is a nice stadium with great access. Easiest stadium to get in and out of that I have been to. Football stadiums can be put away from the city unlike baseball or basketball.

In these tough times, I am not surprised Broward's decision.

Yea I kind of figured Broward wasn't going to chip in, even though they benefit as much as Miami does when Super Bowl time rolls around. Hell many people use Fort Lauderdale airport and book hotels in Broward (Hard Rock, etc.).

IMO, it is placed conveniently for South Florida and to those Dolfans further north, who were Dolfans prior to Jville and Tampa . . . I think the lack of attendance has more to do with the economy and people just not wanting to spend the big dollars for a product that, lets face it, hasn't been up to par in recent years. If Marino was lighting it up still, that stadium would stay packed, no matter where . . . that is why the Fins need a "face", a playmaker, on offense, that excites people and people can say "Man I hope (enter name) lights it up today". You can't play boring football and expect people to drop $300+ for 4 people and parking and food for 3 hours of yawning. That Bears game was bad!!

I seriously doubt they are getting a new stadium tho, I think Ross was hoping Broward would help chip in to do renovations to the current stadium, including but not limited to a roof and help towards the waterpark.

The stadium is damn near next to "Goon City" . . . but as long as you take the Turnpike, you won't have no problems unless you get curious or decide to save some money by not taking the toll road. Very easy to access though w/o any problems.

It's perfect for me when I fly into Lauderdale.

it is in the worst location.. the straight ghetto.. when I went to a game for the first time last year, driving through the ghetto, I thought we were gonna get robbed.

interesting if you thought that area was "the ghetto" were you "thought we were gonna get robbed" ...i'll stop there

The Stadium should be located near the Ocean. We are the Dolphins dammit!
Not the "hood rats"!
Seriously, being near the ocean and away from the blighted ghetto would go along with Ross's plan to make the Fins a destination.
Somewhere near Bayfront they should demolish some of the old buildings and put up a new stadium.
That would be awesome.

The Stadium should be located near the Ocean. We are the Dolphins dammit!
Not the "hood rats"!
Seriously, being near the ocean and away from the blighted ghetto would go along with Ross's plan to make the Fins a destination.
Somewhere near Bayfront they should demolish some of the old buildings and put up a new stadium.
That would be awesome.

I always find it funny that when they show our games, they show videos of South Beach like the stadium is on the sand LOL . . . SunLife is like 30 minutes away.

You can imagine the cost of putting a stadium on Miami Beach . . . atleast a billion :lol:

Good thing Miami has the 3 kings... LeBron himself is a money making machine. Hopefully in the next year or two they can win championships combined with regular season success. That alone may be enough money generated to the stadium a roof.

Good thing Miami has the 3 kings... LeBron himself is a money making machine. Hopefully in the next year or two they can win championships combined with regular season success. That alone may be enough money generated to the stadium a roof.

I mean the Heat bandwagon isn't even close to where it will be after the season if they win a championship . . . that is a cash cow in the making, already is, but sky is the limit with them.

Why do we even need a roof again? Oh yeah, the idiotic NFL Commisioner deemed south Florida's February drizzle, not worthy of hosting a Super Bowl, yet the New Jersey stadium is to host a possible snow/windy Super Bowl soon?

Football is made for the elements, we don't need a roof, f*ck Goddell.

To be fair, most stadiums in big cities are in pretty shady parts of town. I've personally been to Mile High and whatever the name of the Raven's stadium is, and they are both in ghetto parts of they city. Qualcomm isn't, but San Diego is a pretty rich city in general...

Back
Top Bottom