Broward commissioners oppose Dolphins stadium deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broward commissioners oppose Dolphins stadium deal

it is in the worst location.. the straight ghetto.. when I went to a game for the first time last year, driving through the ghetto, I thought we were gonna get robbed.

lol...it's tame compared where the Orange Bowl used to be.
From someone from "Dirty Jersey" I didn't think you'd be intimidated

it is in the worst location.. the straight ghetto.. when I went to a game for the first time last year, driving through the ghetto, I thought we were gonna get robbed.
Most fans that went to the home games this year actually were.

Most fans that went to the home games this year actually were.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My aunt lives across the street of the Orange Bowl. It's no gated community or anything like that but there have been no incidents.

Give the country a better product on the field and they will support you.

I can't imagine a more ridiculous time to try to get a new stadium built.

interesting if you thought that area was "the ghetto" were you "thought we were gonna get robbed" ...i'll stop there

I drove through somew neighborhood to get there. Safe to say it wqas the ghetto

Also sucks because its one of the worst stadiums in the league, IMO

I actually live in a good part of dirty jersey.. well I want too intimidated.. I didn't put the convertible top up or anything

I drove through somew neighborhood to get there. Safe to say it wqas the ghetto

There's not a neighborhood around the stadium that is THAT ghetto where you'll get robbed. It's in a ****ty location but it's nothing to be afraid of. I roll thru there all the time with the windows down and the music loud and I'm white as hell (although a pretty sweet tan). You were more likely to get robbed INSIDE the Orange Bowl than outside Sun Life in one of those neighborhoods. True story. The **** I've seen in the Orange Bowl bathrooms...wow...carry on...

But GOOD for Broward County. Makes me happy to see them stand up and give a big **** YOU to Miami-Dade. Miami-Dade has LONG been begging for help from Broward County for years but never bother Monroe or Collier County. Those clowns never call up Palm Beach County. It's always Broward County.

It's like Broward County is the big brother and Miami-Dade is always the little brother who needs to borrow a few bucks until the weekend. GTFO. Get your **** together Miami. Miami-Dade always botching stadium deals. What's up with that?

Miami-Dade had enough money to fund the Marlins new spot that cost a whopping $515M. The Marlins themselves only funded $155M of the total cost. Guess where the other $360M came from? $347M came from Miami-Dade County and the other $13M came from the City of Miami. So don't hand me this, "Well we need some money from Broward County."

**** out of here with that ****.

:err:

I dunno JCane, I mean Miami Gardens is as gangsta as they come down in South Florida. Of course the real "thugs" don't get close to the stadium, because the cops don't play about them tourism dollars and the Miami cops are already suspect and dirty half the time. You travel about 5 minutes away at the wrong time of night, and you definitely could have problems, but hell that is with many stadiums. The general area around the stadium is safe, but I just know too many people and I know too many things that done happened from people that live in the heart of Miami Gardens to where I don't even come around that often . . . it is the youngin's . . . 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 to 21 that you gotta watch . . . the grown folks are on another level. The Orange Bowl was the ultimate representative of urban South Florida IMO, Sun Life does not deserve to be in the same sentence as the OB . . . and to tear it down . . . those *******s, but those were different times and truthfully Miami is a different city from even 10 years ago. No sense of culture, it's all about a dollar . . . I guess money is the root of all evil.

Broward has had many chances to keep the team the "Florida Marlins" and have a stadium in between Miami and West Palm, hell I thought for sure they were going to place it in the heart of the county on Sunrise and 441, near the Swap Shop, and they built some big park there. Broward isn't about putting tax dollars into helping a sports franchise build a stadium . . . and Broward is miles ahead of Miami Dade when it comes to a budget . . . go figure. Miami-Dade is the most azz backwards azz county there is, lol I think they were so in love with those 2 World Series titles and the money they brought that they were scared to lose that potential, but I bet if they knew the Heat were getting the "Heatles" (lmao) they may have reconsidered . . . sometimes you gotta call the Marlins bluff and hell if they lose the team so be it, eventually they would get another team to come back to this market. Broward profits either way and they don't have to chip in, and like you, I can't blame them. I live in Broward so it is all the better for me in the end.

Oh well, I guess I can shop at the Louis Vuitton store at the new stadium, after I watch a Marlins team with the 3rd lowest payroll in the league finish 81-81.

To be fair, most stadiums in big cities are in pretty shady parts of town. I've personally been to Mile High and whatever the name of the Raven's stadium is, and they are both in ghetto parts of they city. Qualcomm isn't, but San Diego is a pretty rich city in general...

Qualcomm might be in a decent location, but the stadium itself is a garbage dump.

Also sucks because its one of the worst stadiums in the league, IMO

It's not a bad stadium, but with all the new stadiums popping up it slowly is moving down the list of NFL stadiums, but the commute is one of the most convenient I think.

I want the Canes to get a stadium closer to Coral Gables before the Dolphins get anything.

Back
Top Bottom