Brown and the salary cap | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown and the salary cap

Yes,he is the highest according to the sun-sentinal.I don't how I missed that gigantic thread on jason brown.Oh well.

of course, the sun-sentinel sucks. Jordan Gross is the highest paid right tackle. he just signed a 6 year, $60 million deal last week.

Don't get me wrong I want brown real bad,but with he wants to become the highest paid center in the league.Can we afford to have the highest paid LT,RT,and center in the league and still be competetive in all the other areas we need?I am not sure how we afford anybody for defence in the upcoming years.

You bet we can afford him and still be competetive in other areas. Football is a game of inches and having a dominant Oline (which we are well on the way to having one, assuming we get a guy like Brown of course as well as the return to form and health of Smiley and Thomas) will go a long way in winning those inches. A powerful offensive line allows a lot of options for an offense. It can help a team sustain longer drives, allowing the defense more time to rest and less time for an opposing offense to have a chance to score. Obviously not every position on a team can have good money invested in it, but some (Quarterback, Offensive Line, Defensive End) are worth more money than others because of their importance to a team. I'm not sold that Brown needs to be paid Alan Faneca type money (or that he's even worth it) but we should def. open up our wallets for the guy. This regime is good at finding cheap, effective players to plug into the lineup as UDFAs or lower round draft picks (i.e. Bess, Thomas etc).

I think a deal will be made for Brown, just after mid-night
don't see the Dolphins doing much in FreeAgency after that move in 2009
everything else will probably be resolved in the draft: WR (very good year), NT, CB & possibly a LB

it all starts with Brown, if I've jumped the gun on him & he's not picked up, then I am clueless

Back
Top Bottom