Brown "overdue" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown "overdue"

SD was the only good game he had. Ricky was better in the New England game, except he didn't benefit from the wildcat formation like Ronnie did, where he had 84 yards on 4 carries. It really had little to do with his skill and more to do with the fact that nobody in the NFL had seen that formation used before.

Doesn't matter. If you are going to use stats, you have to use all of the applicable stats. They do not qualify the yards on formations or who did better or anyone else.

Doesn't matter. If you are going to use stats, you have to use all of the applicable stats. They do not qualify the yards on formations or who did better or anyone else.

Deep breath, count to ten and go to your happy place
:woot:

Its hard not to see where he is coming from, I mean so what that Brown was used sparingly because of his injury in the first game, and so what we were so far behind arizona it would have been nuts to try and commit to the ground game and so what we were playing against the top 2 and 10 run defense in the NFL....excuses, excuses,excuses...

Of course we all know that good backs get shut down by good defenses and usually make up that yardage against porous ones- but thats an excuse too.

Brown is not good, hes great but there will always be someone to try and find something to stir the pot. If the internet had of been common place in 84 there would have been someone calling for Marino's head when we lost to the chargers in overtime. ah the joys of the individual agenda

I'd like to see a coach give Ronnie 20+ carries a game for a significant stretch, just to see what would happen.

For whatever reason, no one has deemed it in their best interest to do it, whether it's Tuberville, Saban, Cameron or Sparano.

SD was the only good game he had. Ricky was better in the New England game, except he didn't benefit from the wildcat formation like Ronnie did, where he had 84 yards on 4 carries. It really had little to do with his skill and more to do with the fact that nobody in the NFL had seen that formation used before.

I'm sure when he used his vision to pick his way through the hole, ran over a defender and sprinted 60 yds en route to a TD, it had nothing at all to do with skill. Just say you hate Ronnie Brown and be done with it. :rolleyes:

If you honestly believe that then you clearly have not watched much Dolphins football the past 2 years. When Ronnie Brown gets fed the football on a consistent basis, he is one of the more punishing and explosive runners in the NFL. Against a team like the Broncos (crap run D) Ronnie should be our workhorse and carry the ball 25 times. I'm expecting a huge game for Ronnie in Denver.

It depends on matchups. Denver's D is awful and it is the type of team RB can be given the rock 20+ times. But then again their pass D is pretty bad and Pennington/Ginn/Fasano may have big days and RB's carries not as needed in order to win.

Against Buffalo we needed a 1, 2 punch of RB and RW. But, it was actually the passing game and Ginn's coming out party that did it. Using the WILDFIN may add some carries for Ricky and not necessarily RB dependent again on the situation and the matchup. Nothing we did offensively vs. Ravens worked because they had too much speed for us to match up with and that happens to almost anyone vs. them. RB was not going to be factor in that game as they shut down the run early on. Its a game of matchups, a chess game that lately we have been good at.

alot has to do with other teams game plan defensively...are they putting 9 in the box to stop Ron and Ricky and put pressure on Chad to move chains... i think thats happenning sometimes.....

I'd like to see a coach give Ronnie 20+ carries a game for a significant stretch, just to see what would happen.

For whatever reason, no one has deemed it in their best interest to do it, whether it's Tuberville, Saban, Cameron or Sparano.
Well if any game to do it should be this Sunday. Denver's run D is horrible. They have no Champ Bailey or LB Boss Bailey. And from what I understand their #2 corner (Paymah?) is garbage.

Seems RB is not happy with the number of carries he is getting. I dont think he is complaining about it but just saying he would like more action.... any who.... RB thinks he is overdue for a big game.

Link
http://lnk.nu/miamiherald.com/qa9.html

I hope hes not unhappy, hes normally one of the smiliest guys on the team. We need a guy like that. Anyway, with Chads efficiency over the past few weeks we have converted from a run oriented team to a pass oriented team.

Buffalo - 30 pass attempts, 22 touches to our RB's (W)
Baltimore - 32 pass attempts, 18 touches to RB's (L)
Houston - 25 Pass attempts, 24 touches to RB's (L)
Chargers - 29 pass attempts, 36 touches to RB's (W)
Ratriots - 20 pass attempts, 36 touches to RB's (W)

The Baltimore game we were down alot in so its easy to justify having to pass alot during the game. A run heavy offense sees touches and passes (Although 29 pass attempts I think is still alot for a run oriented team) like in the Chargers and Ratriots games, a heavy passing offense sees pass attempts and rushes like in the Baltimore (like I said we were down so were forced to pass) and Buffalo games.

I dont care what type of offense you wanna call us, the most important thing is making up a game plan, passing, or rushing, that plays to the opponents weaknesses. Sunday should be a good indicator of what type of offense we run because Denver sucks in both rushing and passing defense so we should be able to choose what we want to do, granted the game is close and we arent forced to pass.

I hope hes not unhappy, hes normally one of the smiliest guys on the team. We need a guy like that. Anyway, with Chads efficiency over the past few weeks we have converted from a run oriented team to a pass oriented team.

Buffalo - 30 pass attempts, 22 touches to our RB's (W)
Baltimore - 32 pass attempts, 18 touches to RB's (L)
Houston - 25 Pass attempts, 24 touches to RB's (L)
Chargers - 29 pass attempts, 36 touches to RB's (W)
Ratriots - 20 pass attempts, 36 touches to RB's (W)

The Baltimore game we were down alot in so its easy to justify having to pass alot during the game. A run heavy offense sees touches and passes (Although 29 pass attempts I think is still alot for a run oriented team) like in the Chargers and Ratriots games, a heavy passing offense sees pass attempts and rushes like in the Baltimore (like I said we were down so were forced to pass) and Buffalo games.

I dont care what type of offense you wanna call us, the most important thing is making up a game plan, passing, or rushing, that plays to the opponents weaknesses. Sunday should be a good indicator of what type of offense we run because Denver sucks in both rushing and passing offense so we should be able to choose what we want to do, granted the game is close and we arent forced to pass.

Boy, you are right on point with this one. I am NOT a Henning fan...Not even a little bit. I think CP is impacting this team in ways we don't even know about. We are finding little things...Teeny weenie little cracks...With the article last week, I'm sure CP is giving Henning LOTS of feedback.

Of course...I may be wrong.

Boy, you are right on point with this one. I am NOT a Henning fan...Not even a little bit. I think CP is impacting this team in ways we don't even know about. We are finding little things...Teeny weenie little cracks...With the article last week, I'm sure CP is giving Henning LOTS of feedback.

Of course...I may be wrong.

Im mum on whether or not I like Henning, sometimes his play calls are just horrendous (Baltimore game) and sometimes they are absolutely spot on (Buffalo game - except for the Camarillo reverse). I hope Chad is giving him feedback. I have to assume he is. One thing I liked last week against buffalo is Henning really opened up the play book and let Chad throw the ball. Perhaps now we are passing the ball to open up the run instead of running the ball to open up the pass. Either way, if we have games and play calling like in Buffalo, we will win every other one of our games.

If you honestly believe that then you clearly have not watched much Dolphins football the past 2 years. When Ronnie Brown gets fed the football on a consistent basis, he is one of the more punishing and explosive runners in the NFL. Against a team like the Broncos (crap run D) Ronnie should be our workhorse and carry the ball 25 times. I'm expecting a huge game for Ronnie in Denver.

Maybe you are the one who hasn't watched the Dolphins... RB has yet to finish a season.... maybe this will be the year... I hope so....

What I don't like to see again this year.... and what I thought he started to fix last year.... was his dancing routine at the line of scrimmage... I thought in several short yardage situations last week TS made a mistake by not inserting RW's....

Seems to me.... the two back system being utilized by many successful teams is the way to go... it adds great flexibility in attacking defenses...

Bottom line... I really don't care who gets the majority of the carries... as long as they produce... and we win....

Back
Top Bottom