browns cut haden | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

browns cut haden

Yeah I misinterpreted the coverage part of your post. I know we don't jam receivers and that is where a huge problem in our secondary lies imo. That combined with leaving our corners 10 yards away from the receivers giving them easy catches.

That's our scheme. We prefer press Cover 2 to eliminate the deep ball but upon play-action our LB's will always use an attack step towards the LOS because run is their first read. Therefore the 2nd level will always be open for easy completions for the opposition. Our poor interpretation of "bend but don't break".

Then we are getting gashed by the run (which we will because the DL's first read is pass) we have to bring an 8th man in the box to help and that in turn takes press Cover 2 off the table and we have to resort to off man Cover 3 so we don't get burned deep.

SOS, nice explanation of the switch from Cover 2 Press to Cover 3 Off.

Just to help clarify terms here. We have different types of coverages that section off the field, such as Cover 1, 2, 3, etc. Within those we have options of man or zone coverage. But "Press", "Jam", "Off" are all various techniques used within those coverages.

Jam = CB starts in WR face, and smashes him at the line, trying to delay him from starting his route, thus throwing the timing off for the QB.
Press = CB starts in WR face, gets a hand on him, turns the hips and goes with him, trying to redirect.
Off = CB starts 7-12 yards away from the WR. He back pedals until WR gets within 3 yds of him roughly, then the CB turns the hips and goes with him.

A Press Cover 2 would not have a CB playing 10 yds off of the WR. They may be in Cover 2, but it would be utilizing "Off technique" in that instance. Our D uses Press and Off technique (as does everyone else), and I have seen a Jam used occasionally.

I would take a hard look at it...the cap and other contracts can be reworked to sneak a one year deal in...if this team is strong at corner it is potentially a contender.

Can't believe he got that. He can't tackle, and has been burnt toast the last two years. Pittsburgh must be desperate.

Back
Top Bottom