browns cut haden | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

browns cut haden

We got our target in the end. Regardless of how you feel as bout the players acquired

We'll see. We messed with Tunsil's growth by moving him inside last year. I believe he'll recover properly but we still stalled his development against the NFL's premier pass rushers.

So we can now move on to the players that we do have. Maxwell is gone after this season. Hoping X can turn into a #1 and either Tank or Lippett is ready for the other side

Ozzy rules!!

So we can now move on to the players that we do have. Maxwell is gone after this season. Hoping X can turn into a #1 and either Tank or Lippett is ready for the other side

Ozzy rules!!

Lippett is not good enough to start for any other team. He started for us cuz we had no other choice. Going forward the 2 guys we want succeed are Howard and tank.

So much disdain for Maxwell (and rightfully so) yet so many think we made a great trade moving out of the top 10 in '16. Interesting.

The only thing I ever liked about that trade was taking a chance on Kiko. But thats a fight for another thread lol

Pretty much. Haden is the type of player you take a chance on adding regardless of cost. I give absolute 2 shits how the Dolphins spend their money/manipulate cap (see Pittsburgh). Goal should be to bring talent in, we lack that severely at CB. Howard hasn't even played 16 games and he's our best guy. The rest will get abused by our schedule. Tough break for us, Haden wanted to be in Pitt. Hopefully there will be another high potential CB that gets cut but I doubt it.

Here is the silver lining:

According to PFF Haden had a grade of 46.0 in 846 snaps last year and has looked abysmal in preseason.

Alteraun Verner's grade was 76.6 last year.

Verner is on a 900,000 contract while Haden is getting 3 years 27 mil with 7 mil guaranteed.

Our FO could actually come out of this smelling like a rose if Verner out plays Haden this year.

Here is the silver lining:

According to PFF Haden had a grade of 46.0 in 846 snaps last year and has looked abysmal in preseason.

Alteraun Verner's grade was 76.6 last year.

Verner is on a 900,000 contract while Haden is getting 3 years 27 mil with 7 mil guaranteed.

Our FO could actually come out of this smelling like a rose if Verner out plays Haden this year.
FO never had a chance anyways. Pittsburgh wanted him and he wanted Pittsburgh.

I think people severely understate our depth at cb. It's just premier talent we lack. We are deeper at the position than a lot of other ones on this roster even with Lippet going down. Maxwell,Xavier,McCain,verner,tankersly. Replace Maxwell with a legit player next year and I think we're fine. There was no reason to pay that much money for someone who may very well be a shell of his former self at this point.

The team spent time in recent days studying Haden. Miami has a need at cornerback made acute by the loss of Tony Lippett to a season-ending Achilles’ tear and a sudden decline in performance by Byron Maxwell.

But the Dolphins had no interest in trading for Haden, which would have forced them to not only take on his enormous contract but also give up trade compensation for the 5-11 cornerback.

The Dolphins would like Haden but at some sort of bargain situation. Or perhaps even at some sort of trial situation.

Haden, 28, has $4 million guarantee coming to him from the Cleveland Browns. The Dolphins, as well as other teams, know this. And the team might like to somehow use this as a way of getting Haden to Miami without having an onerous affect on the salary cap.

That might involve any number of options, one of which is signing Haden to a one-year deal for the minimum. The new team would pay that minimum and Cleveland would be required to pay the rest to get Haden to $4 million.

Haden and his agent Drew Rosenhaus are probably aiming higher. They probably want a long-term contract that pays Haden like a top NFL cornerback. Haden was averaging $13.5 million per season on his Cleveland contract.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article170178447.html#storylink=cpy

Good ole offset language.

The stealers did to Cleveland what the evil empire does to us all the time... sign the other team's playbook.

Pretty expensive, too. And did they really need it? Cleveland is a sorry team regardless.

Pretty much. Haden is the type of player you take a chance on adding regardless of cost. I give absolute 2 ****s how the Dolphins spend their money/manipulate cap (see Pittsburgh). Goal should be to bring talent in, we lack that severely at CB. Howard hasn't even played 16 games and he's our best guy. The rest will get abused by our schedule. Tough break for us, Haden wanted to be in Pitt. Hopefully there will be another high potential CB that gets cut but I doubt it.
We may have been able if Tanny wasn't a dumbass and ****ed up our cap

Back
Top Bottom