browns cut haden | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

browns cut haden

Like when he got roasted by Torrey Smith in press coverage?

I'm not saying hes perfect, im saying he is better at press coverage than playing off coverage. Also, its a preseason play where Maxwell didnt even attempt to put his hands on Smith and Jones watched him run right by when he has deep coverage but again its preseason I don't put much stock in it. I'd much rather him play to his strengths than baby him because he might get beat deep.

This would be so much easier if Lippett weren't injured. We could have started Lippett as the #2 CB and moved Howard to #1.

Yeah I think that's the way it may have been heading then we'd have verner and tank as the depth

I'm not saying hes perfect, im saying he is better at press coverage than playing off coverage. Also, its a preseason play where Maxwell didnt even attempt to put his hands on Smith and Jones watched him run right by when he has deep coverage but again its preseason I don't put much stock in it. I'd much rather him play to his strengths than baby him because he might get beat deep.

There's a difference b/w a jam technique and press coverage. We do not jam receivers.

Jones had the over bracket coverage on the TE; he didn't have deep 1/2 responsibilities. Smith was Maxwell's assignment in MEG (Man Everywhere he Goes) coverage on the boundary as fieldside had deep help with the FS over the offense's passing strength.

There's a difference b/w a jam technique and press coverage. We do not jam receivers.

Jones had the over bracket coverage on the TE; he didn't have deep 1/2 responsibilities. Smith was Maxwell's assignment in MEG (Man Everywhere he Goes) coverage on the boundary opposite fieldside which was the offense's passing strength.

when I say press I mean Maxwell jamming the receivers, sorry for the confusion. Obviously Smith is faster than Maxwell and if you have Maxwell playing press man coverage on smith and he's not going to jam him that's bound to go in Smith's favor when hes running the deep route. Maxwell jams Smith there, it takes Smith longer to get out there and get past Jones and either the pass rush gets to Wentz, Jones has a chance at a pick or he throws it to someone else. I truly believe scheme is a huge part of our defensive woes.

when I say press I mean Maxwell jamming the receivers, sorry for the confusion. Obviously Smith is faster than Maxwell and if you have Maxwell playing press man coverage on smith and he's not going to jam him that's bound to go in Smith's favor when hes running the deep route. Maxwell jams Smith there, it takes Smith longer to get out there and get past Jones and either the pass rush gets to Wentz, Jones has a chance at a pick or he throws it to someone else. I truly believe scheme is a huge part of our defensive woes.

Maxwell can't technically jam him because he had no help over the top for if/when he gets beat. Something he had the benefit of doing in Seattle with Earl Thomas. The purpose of press coverage is to reroute the receiver to the outside and use the sidelines in his favor which is crucial for man coverage which Maxwell failed to do.

And again, Jones didn't have deep 1/2 coverage, he was in bracket coverage over the TE.

Maxwell can't technically jam him because he had no help over the top for if/when he gets beat. Something he had the benefit of doing in Seattle with Earl Thomas. The purpose of press coverage is to reroute the receiver to the outside and use the sidelines in his favor which is crucial for man coverage which Maxwell failed to do.

And again, Jones didn't have deep 1/2 coverage, he was in bracket coverage over the TE.

What does coverage have to do with the fact that Jones was right there? Smith literally ran right next to him and if Smith is jammed then Wentz isn't throwing it that far because Smith won't get there in time. So he either throws it short and Jones can make a play because he is in position to make a play, or he holds onto it waiting for Smith to get behind Jones and he gets sacked by Wake who was right about to grab him. I understand Jones' responsibility wasn't the deep ball, but I also understand that if the ball is in the air and he is in position he will make the play. While I agree with Earl Thomas being on another level, I don't think our safeties are terrible enough to say "Maxwell don't jam". I'd rather Maxwell jam him wide then have Smith just run by him and not get touched?

Nvm I read what you said wrong, I get what you mean now.

Yeah Pittsburgh will get him. They have 8 mil in cap room so they can't offer him a huge deal but I'm sure he'll want to stay in the division and kill the Browns as revenge.

What does coverage have to do with the fact that Jones was right there? Smith literally ran right next to him and if Smith is jammed then Wentz isn't throwing it that far because Smith won't get there in time. So he either throws it short and Jones can make a play because he is in position to make a play, or he holds onto it waiting for Smith to get behind Jones and he gets sacked by Wake who was right about to grab him. I understand Jones' responsibility wasn't the deep ball, but I also understand that if the ball is in the air and he is in position he will make the play. While I agree with Earl Thomas being on another level, I don't think our safeties are terrible enough to say "Maxwell don't jam". I'd rather Maxwell jam him wide then have Smith just run by him and not get touched?

WTF? What ever do you mean what does the coverage have to do with it? It has everything to do with it. The coverage call contains the players assignments.

Jones was playing over the top of Ertz, he only turned and bailed upon Wentz's release.

We don't jam receivers. I repeat, WE DON'T JAM RECEIVERS. And regardless of team or scheme, you don't and cannot jam receivers when there is no deep help. You can still reroute in press coverage but it isn't the same as jamming a receiver.

Yeah Pittsburgh will get him. They have 8 mil in cap room so they can't offer him a huge deal but I'm sure he'll want to stay in the division and kill the Browns as revenge.

Pretty sure the Browns will get killed in every game they play this year regardless lol.

WTF? What ever do you mean what does the coverage have to do with it? It has everything to do with it. The coverage call contains the players assignments.

Jones was playing over the top of Ertz, he only turned and bailed upon Wentz's release.

We don't jam receivers. I repeat, WE DON'T JAM RECEIVERS. And regardless of team or scheme, you don't and cannot jam receivers when there is no deep help.

Yeah I misinterpreted the coverage part of your post. I know we don't jam receivers and that is where a huge problem in our secondary lies imo. That combined with leaving our corners 10 yards away from the receivers giving them easy catches.

Yeah I misinterpreted the coverage part of your post. I know we don't jam receivers and that is where a huge problem in our secondary lies imo. That combined with leaving our corners 10 yards away from the receivers giving them easy catches.

That's our scheme. We prefer press Cover 2 to eliminate the deep ball but upon play-action our LB's will always use an attack step towards the LOS because run is their first read. Therefore the 2nd level will always be open for easy completions for the opposition. Our poor interpretation of "bend but don't break".

Then we are getting gashed by the run (which we will because the DL's first read is pass) we have to bring an 8th man in the box to help and that in turn takes press Cover 2 off the table and we have to resort to off man Cover 3 so we don't get burned deep.

Back
Top Bottom