browns cut haden | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

browns cut haden

Signing Haden and releasing Maxwell is a no brainer to the point where there's no chance the Dolphins are smart enough to do it.

I'd say cut Byron "we got 3 starters" Maxwell's *** now and sign Haden.

**** it.
This would be so much easier if Lippett weren't injured. We could have started Lippett as the #2 CB and moved Howard to #1.

The dead money on a Maxwell release is $3M, but it's zero if we trade him! Ship him off for a conditional 7th for all I care.

I see that OTC reflects what you stated but Spotrac differs....

In 2017, Maxwell will earn a base salary of $8,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $8,500,000 and a dead cap value of $5,000,000.

Contract Notes:
  • $22M initially guaranteed (Signing Bonus + 2015-16 base)
  • $5M of 2017 salary fully guaranteed
  • 2015 Roster Bonus: $6.5 million
  • 2018-20 Roster Bonus: $250,000
it may be due to Post June cut but it would be spread over two years.

I'm lost then here somewhere. The point was that you don't move down without acquiring a pick as well. NE did that.

Maybe I'm lost but we got the 13th pick, Maxwell and Alonso. NE traded a second for a third and Ealy. So both teams moved down in the draft and got players. Only thing is Ealy is gone and Maxwell and Kiko are both starters on our team. I'm a florida fan and love hargreaves but I would rather have Alonso, Maxwell and Tunsil any day of the week over just Hargreaves. Obviously free agency may have played out differently but thats another story

Maybe I'm lost but we got the 13th pick, Maxwell and Alonso. NE traded a second for a third and Ealy. So both teams moved down in the draft and got players.

You're correct. I did not assess that correctly.

Only thing is Ealy is gone and Maxwell and Kiko are both starters on our team. I'm a florida fan and love hargreaves but I would rather have Alonso, Maxwell and Tunsil any day of the week over just Hargreaves. Obviously free agency may have played out differently but thats another story

"starters"

"starters"[/QUOTE]

While I am much higher on Howard than Maxwell and hope that Tankersley or Lippett step up and take his spot next year, he was our best corner after he got benched last year. Kiko is also our best linebacker unless Timmons reverts back to his 2014 self. That's saying more about our other linebackers than Kiko's talent but could you imagine our lb core if we didn't have Kiko right now.......

Back
Top Bottom