browns cut haden | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

browns cut haden

According to Over the Cap, Maxwell if cut now, would cost Miami a $3m dead money hit but save the team $5.5m in cap savings. Not sure how accurate this #s are?
Honestly, if we sign Haden, I think we keep Maxwell until next year when he saves us $10M off the cap.

I really don't envision the FO cutting Maxwell and taking on a 5M dead cap hit so he can go play somewhere else. He is making 8.5M. Not a huge amount for a #1 corner...which he still is until Howard actually stays on the field and gets better.

Joe Haden is not subject to the waiver and will be a FA at 3:00pm EST.

We have little cap space. What we do have will be needed for injury replacements and in-season acquisitions.

We're going to pay an injury prone Haden 7 or 8M as well as take a 5M cap hit for Maxwell?

The dead money on a Maxwell release is $3M, but it's zero if we trade him! Ship him off for a conditional 7th for all I care.

We'd never be in this situation in the first place had we stayed put in the top 10 and drafted Haden's collegiate successor in VH3. Just saying.

Now here we are contemplating two barely average and aging CBs in Maxwell and Haden b/c we are desperate for a real starter, but hey helluva trade with Philly. Amirite?!

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy into the Suh/Pouncey recruitment talk. Remember when Miami players actively tried to recruit La'el Collins to Miami. Meant absolutely nothing. Haden will get much higher offers than the minimum to sweetheart deal Miami will pitch. Would be great for depth but I wouldn't get too excited.

Last edited:
We'd never bee in this situation in the first place had we stayed put in the top 10 and drafted Haden's collegiate successor in VH3. Just saying.

Now here we are contemplating two barely average and aging CBs in Maxwell and Haden b/c we are desperate for a real starter, but hey helluva trade with Philly. Amirite?!

Tunsil would've likely been the pick at 8 anyway. But I always say you never move down in the draft without acquiring picks, in fact I don't think it's ever been done before we did it.

We played an ugly game vs Cleveland in 2010 and I thought had Henne made some better throws Hartline would have gotten the better of Haden. Seemed wide open a couple times only to be overthrown by crappy Chsd Henne. Not sure I want CB's Hartline could beat up.
I believe that game was in 2011

Gotta ask yourself would you take more to play in Pittsburgh, or get your guaranteed from Cleveland and get what you get in South Beach?????? Not a tough one especially if you take a 1 yr prove it deal.

Stay in division and play on a team that has a chance to challenge the Pat's... advantage Pitt IMO if it came down to the 2 teams..

Tunsil would've likely been the pick at 8 anyway. But I always say you never move down in the draft without acquiring picks, in fact I don't think it's ever been done before we did it.
Pats moved when they got Ealy. Its definitely been done many times

NE got a 3rd round selection from the Panthers in that trade and only moved down 8 spots.
Still a player traded to move up . We can argue the validity all day. If his point was in the first round then maybe that hasn't been done.

Still a player traded to move up . We can argue the validity all day. If his point was in the first round then maybe that hasn't been done.

I'm lost then here somewhere. The point was that you don't move down without acquiring a pick as well. NE did that.

I'm lost then here somewhere. The point was that you don't move down without acquiring a pick as well. NE did that.
They got a pick and Ealy? What was the trade exactly? Maybe I'm lost

Back
Top Bottom