browns cut haden | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

browns cut haden

I wouldn't take a pay cut to play in Cleveland either.

He's been burnt toast the past couple years, so I doubt the market to pay him some big coin will be that robust.

Haden, as he's going to be playing for the minimum. Revis is a money mercenary, and will never play football for less than 5 million.

Why would he do that when multiple team have interest? I just don't see him coming here but hey Mike T loves DL and CB's so who knows.

The team spent time in recent days studying Haden. Miami has a need at cornerback made acute by the loss of Tony Lippett to a season-ending Achilles’ tear and a sudden decline in performance by Byron Maxwell.

But the Dolphins had no interest in trading for Haden, which would have forced them to not only take on his enormous contract but also give up trade compensation for the 5-11 cornerback.

The Dolphins would like Haden but at some sort of bargain situation. Or perhaps even at some sort of trial situation.

Haden, 28, has $4 million guarantee coming to him from the Cleveland Browns. The Dolphins, as well as other teams, know this. And the team might like to somehow use this as a way of getting Haden to Miami without having an onerous affect on the salary cap.

That might involve any number of options, one of which is signing Haden to a one-year deal for the minimum. The new team would pay that minimum and Cleveland would be required to pay the rest to get Haden to $4 million.

Haden and his agent Drew Rosenhaus are probably aiming higher. They probably want a long-term contract that pays Haden like a top NFL cornerback. Haden was averaging $13.5 million per season on his Cleveland contract.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article170178447.html#storylink=cpy

I really don't envision the FO cutting Maxwell and taking on a 5M dead cap hit so he can go play somewhere else. He is making 8.5M. Not a huge amount for a #1 corner...which he still is until Howard actually stays on the field and gets better.

Joe Haden is not subject to the waiver and will be a FA at 3:00pm EST.

We have little cap space. What we do have will be needed for injury replacements and in-season acquisitions.

We're going to pay an injury prone Haden 7 or 8M as well as take a 5M cap hit for Maxwell?

I was wondering about the cap hit. Yep not happening

not that it would happen but Haden for the minimum is a no brainer

Why would he do that when multiple team have interest? I just don't see him coming here but hey Mike T loves DL and CB's so who knows.

He has multiple teams willing to pay him the veterans minimum. Not big money.

Nothing about Haden's tape the last two years screams big money.

There are some corner needy teams out there. He'll get a decent contract on a desperate team. I'd obviously love him over Maxwell, but not happening.

Back
Top Bottom