browns cut haden | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

browns cut haden

someone will sign him, and you bet his agent Drew is going to get some guaranteed dough in that 2 year deal or whatever he signs

I see the logic there, but his injuries have been concussions and groin.
Right. The concussions are obviously a freak injury that can happen to anyone at anytime and can linger (migraines for him), but I still think the groin can have a "less" chance of reoccurring with less lateral movement & change of direction and more of going just in a straight line, free roaming. Just a thought though.

That being said - I'd probably take a flier at 2/12/6GTD something like that... Easy out after 1 if it doesn't work out. He said he wouldn't have to take a pay cut, but he's going to realize his market soon.

I don't think we will sign him but, from a curiosity standpoint, do you think he has just become complacent and tired of playing for a terrible team? If he went to a team with a chance, would a fire be reignited?

Just wondering your thoughts cause it gotta be hard to stay motivated on a team like that after so many years.

Prove it one year deal? Or multiple year contract he signs now?

I don't think we will sign him but, from a curiosity standpoint, do you think he has just become complacent and tired of playing for a terrible team? If he went to a team with a chance, would a fire be reignited?

Just wondering your thoughts cause it gotta be hard to stay motivated on a team like that after so many years.

Prove it one year deal? Or multiple year contract he signs now?

There's an air of excitement and change in Cleveland. They are on the rise. On paper at least they have a lot of good things going for them currently.

This is not the Joe Haden from a few years back, his situation is comparable to pretending that Revis will always be the same player. Haden is not for a contender or even someone looking for a competent starter, he's prime for a desperate ballclub.

I could see Indy going after him w/ the recent injury to Vontae Davis.

I'll take Haden over bobby McCain all day!!!

Joe Haden in Miami is sooooo not happening. If the FO guys or the coaches read some of these posts they would be rolling on the floor laughing.

I think haden has the skill set to man the slot but he's not gonna accept slot money without exhausting all options.

Really the only way I could see this is if Miami was already considering cutting Byron maxwell. And that's separate from the cap implications.

So you don't think Haden is an upgrade over bobby McCain?

We already have 5or six guys competing to play the slot. We already took a flier on a veteran that was released. As long as Verner and McCain are healthy, they will battle for the nickel. Then as a 3rd option there is Tankersley or Michael Thomas. Then there is Pitts,Aikens,Lucas,McTyer.

Like I said, he was ranked 87th last year. McCain was ranked in the 40's and Verner even higher.

This isn't happening, he hasn't been good since his first two years in the league.

Haden was bad last year.

Keep in mind that the Browns are in a situation where they quite literally need to stay above the salary floor.

Back
Top Bottom