browns cut haden | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

browns cut haden

We'd never be in this situation in the first place had we stayed put in the top 10 and drafted Haden's collegiate successor in VH3. Just saying.

Now here we are contemplating two barely average and aging CBs in Maxwell and Haden b/c we are desperate for a real starter, but hey helluva trade with Philly. Amirite?!

From what I remember, our FO was high on Eli Apple, I think he would have been the pick if we stayed at 8

My thinking is this is good news for its in the sense that another team might have to release a decent corner or OL to make room for Haden, and we can pick that player up. Then again, does Haden replace a starter that is struggling somewhere else?

While I am much higher on Howard than Maxwell and hope that Tankersley or Lippett step up and take his spot next year, he was our best corner after he got benched last year. Kiko is also our best linebacker unless Timmons reverts back to his 2014 self. That's saying more about our other linebackers than Kiko's talent but could you imagine our lb core if we didn't have Kiko right now.......

Maxwell is only perceived to have played better b/c there were easier weaknesses to exploit in the back 7 as the season/injuries progressed.

Alonso is . . . well let's just say I wish I could imagine our LB corp without him. We would have managed to figure out a viable replacement.

I haven't focused on Haden at Cleveland in recent years, but his man-cover ability was always the most overrated aspect of his game. He has good instincts, plays physical, and is/was a good all-around player. For schemes that hide his speed, he may still have something to offer. Carolina was the first team that came to mind; if Buffalo was in win-now mode, they'd be another fit.

Maxwell is only perceived to have played better b/c there were easier weaknesses to exploit in the back 7 as the season/injuries progressed.

Alonso is . . . well let's just say I wish I could imagine our LB corp without him. We would have managed to figure out a viable replacement.

This could definitely be true but at the same time Maxwell is best when he is playing press coverage and getting his hands on the receiver right away, when our scheme has him sitting 10 yards off the receiver I expect him to struggle. This is what plagued him in Philly and we've used him the exact same way. There is nothing more frustrating then seeing our corners line up 10 yards off the wr's on third and 7. I would much rather have Kiko be our third LB than our first but but I do not want to see Mike Hull or Neville Hewitt playing an entire game and that's what we have

This could definitely be true but at the same time Maxwell is best when he is playing press coverage and getting his hands on the receiver right away, when our scheme has him sitting 10 yards off the receiver I expect him to struggle. This is what plagued him in Philly and we've used him the exact same way. There is nothing more frustrating then seeing our corners line up 10 yards off the wr's on third and 7. I would much rather have Kiko be our third LB than our first but but I do not want to see Mike Hull or Neville Hewitt playing an entire game and that's what we have

Like when he got roasted by Torrey Smith in press coverage?

Back
Top Bottom