Browns release Brian Hartline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns release Brian Hartline

TheWalrus

1/7/14
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/browns-release-brian-hartline/

Ouch. :chuckle:

I guess if your quarterback is gonna be RGme you can't keep guys around who can't get deep. But still, getting released by the Browns when they have no WR depth has got to hurt.

I'm not a believer in karma but when a bad dude like Hartline goes around planting bad stories about his quarterback (he leaked bad stuff about Henne and Tannehill to the media) and your OC to cover for the fact that you just aren't very good, it's nice to see things come around and bite that dude's dick off.

But it's also another episode in our long running series: **** you Jeff Ireland.

That's who resigned Hartline to a 5-year, $31 million contract, with $12.5 million guaranteed.

Fun fact: Brian Hartline has scored 14 touchdowns in his 7 year NFL career. That is the same number of touchdowns scored by Brandon Marshall, Allen Robinson and Doug Baldwin last year alone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/browns-release-brian-hartline/

Ouch. :chuckle:

I guess if your quarterback is gonna be RGme you can't keep guys around who can't get deep. But still, getting released by the Browns when they have no WR depth has got to hurt.

I'm not a believer in karma but when a bad dude like Hartline goes around planting bad stories about his quarterback (he leaked bad stuff about Henne and Tannehill to the media) and your OC to cover for the fact that you just aren't very good, it's nice to see things come around and bite that dude's dick off.

But it's also another episode in our long running series: **** you Jeff Ireland.

That's who resigned Hartline to a 5-year, $31 million contract, with $12.5 million guaranteed.

Never heard that. If that be the case, then I'm with you. But if there was any karma he wouldn't have made 1/4 of the money he made. Nothing worse than"that guy" who constantly talks **** about everyone else at work to make himself look or feel better about the job he is doing.

Fun fact: Brian Hartline has scored 14 touchdowns in his 7 year NFL career. That is the same number of touchdowns scored by Brandon Marshall, Allen Robinson and Doug Baldwin last year alone.

what does that have to do w/ anything?

I guess I'm one of the few Fin fans who has a positive view of Brian Hartline.

- He was a decent WR, until he injured his knee in 2013. After that knee injury, he was never the same.

- He still holds the Miami Dolphins single game receiving yards record (253).

- When he was leaving Miami, he bought billboard space to thank Miami Dolphins fans.

CBcmDPDWAAAoyEp-590x900.jpg

Why hate the guy? Not everyone is blessed with Megatron genetics. For a 4th rd draft pick with limited athleticism, he did pretty well.

it's a silly analogy comparing him to some of the games top WRs.

He was making the point of how ridiculous it was that we gave Hartline $20M guaranteed when he's scored less TDs in his career than some really good WRs score in a season.

Why am I even explaining this? You'd think it's pretty self explanatory.

it's a silly analogy comparing him to some of the games top WRs.

If only Hartline himself had realized that and not played the "anonymous source" game with quotes critical of his QBs.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

He was making the point of how ridiculous it was that we gave Hartline $20M guaranteed when he's scored less TDs in his career than some really good WRs score in a season.

Exactly. If we had let Hartline walk I would have had nothing but good things to say about him. A fourth rounder who worked hard and played reasonably well given his limited athleticism.

But when he got a contract he didn't deserve things changed.

so I guess he has a problem w/ other players w/ more guaranteed money? why not compare those players to elite players at their position?

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

If only Hartline himself had realized that and not played the "anonymous source" game with quotes critical of his QBs.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Exactly. If we had let Hartline walk I would have had nothing but good things to say about him. A fourth rounder who worked hard and played reasonably well given his limited athleticism.

you hate a guy b/c he signed a big contract? how do you watch and like sports? players get what owners are willing to pay.

Doing a quick search, it appears that before the 2013 season, Miami's front office gave him a 5-year, $31 million contract, with $12.5 million guaranteed. It's not like he held out or anything. Was he supposed to tell his agent to insist on a lower number?

Hartline would go on to have a solid season in 2013 (1016 yards, 4 TDs). He didn't mail it in, just because he got a big contract.

At the end of 2013, he injured his knee. After that knee injury, he was never the same. His career was pretty much done.

Hartline was never going to be an alpha receiver, a redzone target, or deep threat speedster. What he was good at was the comeback sideline route, to move the chains.

Sure, Miami's front office overpaid him. But it's not like he held out to get the contract. And it's not like he took it easy once he got the big money. So I personally don't hate the guy. You can't blame a guy for genetics, and you can't blame a guy for accepting a big contract.

Doing a quick search, it appears that before the 2013 season, Miami's front office gave him a 5-year, $31 million contract, with $12.5 million guaranteed. It's not like he held out or anything. Was he supposed to tell his agent to insist on a lower number?

Hartline would go on to have a solid season in 2013 (1016 yards, 4 TDs). He didn't mail it in, just because he got a big contract.

At the end of 2013, he injured his knee. After that knee injury, he was never the same. His career was pretty much done.

Hartline was never going to be an alpha receiver, a redzone target, or deep threat speedster. What he was good at was the comeback sideline route, to move the chains.

Sure, Miami's front office overpaid him. But it's not like he held out to get the contract. And it's not like he took it easy once he got the big money. So I personally don't hate the guy. You can't blame a guy for genetics, and you can't blame a guy for accepting a big contract.

I never hold it against players when they hold out. Go and get that money. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with my team giving that kind of money to players that don't deserve it... money that demands they be given a role commensurate with that contract even if having a mediocre player in that role hurts the team.

But...... but.... but he had TWO 1,000 yard seasons!!!

Back
Top Bottom