Bruschi breaks down the Phins-Pats matchup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruschi breaks down the Phins-Pats matchup

oasis

Lost in the fog
Reaction score
Decent read - Bruschi makes some good points, and his words carry some weight since he is so recently removed from the Pats' roster.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?page=bruschibreakdown/1105

I found his toughness grade interesting:

Tedy: The Dolphins are one of the toughest teams in the NFL, and I say that in terms of being physically tough. Based on what coaches often look for, I keep a toughness meter, and it combines a team's ability to run the ball, stop the run, and cover kicks. So you take four categories -- most rushing yards, fewest rushing yards allowed, fewest kickoff return yards allowed and fewest punt return yards -- and that gives you a feel for how tough a team is. The Dolphins are currently third in the NFL.

Mike: Where are the Patriots?

Tedy: If you take those four stats and apply them to the Patriots, they are 18th.

i find it interesting also i thought he was playing for the pats again they resigned him

wow... i didnt realize Bruschi respected us that much. He had a lot of good things to say.

wow... i didnt realize Bruschi respected us that much. He had a lot of good things to say.

He should as we played his team tough when we did. Kind words. Now that he is no longer part of the Evil Empire I find him bearable as an analyst.

As much as he annoyed me as a player, I really like him as an analyst. He knows his stuff and doesn't usually seem to play favorites in his analysis.

Nice read, but that "toughness scale" doesn't tell me a whole lot.

The Patriots are definitely a team I consider to be tough, disciplined, and focused. Giving them 18th and us 3rd kinda shows that scale is a bit whacky.

Great song Valandui. Haven't heard that in a while. "use a condom, take sips of your brew." Good advice.

thats funny. i thought it was great when rodney harrison called out tom brady earlier this year , too. makes me wonder if bellichek is handing out the bitter pills when players leave him.

Great song Valandui. Haven't heard that in a while. "use a condom, take sips of your brew." Good advice.
Yeah, I've been on an old school hip hop kick lately and really just recently discovered Pete Rock. I haven't been able to get enough of it.

Back
Top Bottom