Bruschi's cap figure -vs- Zach's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruschi's cap figure -vs- Zach's

tay0365 said:
This year Bruschi stepped up and had a great year, but if you consider what both have done in their careers, Zach was worth his salary far more then Bruschi.
Huh? Bruschi's been pretty good for a couple of years, now. Not saying better than Zach, but he's given the Pats more bang for their buck. Starting MLB on three Super Bowl Champions is nothing to sneeze at.

Ok, maybe I was indirectly compairing the two styles of playing, and I think Zach is the better LB...

Brushci's signing bonus was way less than Zach's... but we are still getting away from the meat of the thread...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the reason why certain teams are so far under the cap is because the players play for less money, which allows these teams to consistantly be superior to others...

Now comes my next question, is Saban gonna mold this team that way... No more Huge contracts for aging players?

Spray Mucus said:
Read ch19079's comment... He kinda got what I was driving at.

Why dont guys who are life long Dolphins (like Zach) work deals like this, or simular to this to help the team out and get more quality players in to win.... which is what Zach's all about right?

He's always commenting after the season how hurt he is because they couldn't get far into the playoffs... and what not.
Why don't you take a paycut at your job so your company can theoretically hire someone else to help them win the company of the year award ? What if that new person replaces you ? What if the extra payroll money goes straight into the owner's pocket ? What if they fire you the next year ? What if they hire this new person and they still don't win the company of the year award ?

There are no guarantees.

sn9ke.eyes said:
Why don't you take a paycut at your job so your company can theoretically hire someone else to help them win the company of the year award ? What if that new person replaces you ? What if the extra payroll money goes straight into the owner's pocket ? What if they fire you the next year ? What if they hire this new person and they still don't win the company of the year award ?

There are no guarantees.
get what you can now, cus your 1 play away from retirement.
i cant remember which player said this, but its true.

brady better KILL their cap space next year..:fire:

sn9ke.eyes said:

There are no guarantees.
:rolleyes:

Give me a break... If Zach decided to retire today, I don't think he will be out on the streets.

At my current salary of 45k a year, it would take me 78 years to make what Zach is gonna make in BASE Salary in the 2005 season alone! But I crunch numbers instead of RB's...

How many millions of dollars do you really need?

ch19079 said:
brady better KILL their cap space next year..:fire:
Won't happen. Brady's under contract for next season (...albeit at a hefty $10 million on the cap) and the Pats have said their #1 priority this off-season is trying to restructure his deal, along with those of Ty Law and Corey Dillon.

On the other hand, if they release Law and Troy Brown and Roman Phifer retire (...as expected), they could be somewhere around $12 million under the cap for next season.

I've read where many scouts have said that Bruschi is the most overrated player in the league this season. I tend to agree, he is a horrendous tackler, and takes an insane amount of risks. But in the NE system, he can do that and get away with it, its the perfect setup for a guy like him. But put him on any other team and hes average at best. You have to admit that he does have incredible instincts and always seems to be at the right place at the right time, but Zach is hands down the better player.

again this thread is veering off like most do...

let me ask this question...

When was the last time a guy for the Dolphins deceded to do his own contract a huge paycut in order to help out the team?

from a fans eye i totally agree. but if i were zach and i had the option of taking 3 million dollars in a season instead of just 1 i think i would take it....

but im not a millionaire so its easy for me to say that. Zach has money already, taking a pay cut this far in his career wouldnt hurt him in the least bit.

Gator Mike said:
Won't happen. Brady's under contract for next season (...albeit at a hefty $10 million on the cap) and the Pats have said their #1 priority this off-season is trying to restructure his deal, along with those of Ty Law and Corey Dillon.

On the other hand, if they release Law and Troy Brown and Roman Phifer retire (...as expected), they could be somewhere around $12 million under the cap for next season.

Corey Dillon too a big pay cut to come to New England i dont see him taking any more cuts. Troy Brown could be released, but Ty Law would be a horrendous cut seeing as how hes been in 3 pro bowls.

It all comes down to Tom Brady, will he restructure to stay with the patriots or not? If he doesnt and they keep him they wont be the same team they've been.

Iamlegend said:
Corey Dillon too a big pay cut to come to New England i dont see him taking any more cuts.
Dillon also said recently that he was as happy in New England as he's ever been in his life, and that he'd be very happy to restructure and extend his deal. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if it happened.

Troy Brown could be released, but Ty Law would be a horrendous cut seeing as how hes been in 3 pro bowls.
Yeah, they really missed him this year... What were they, 11-1 without him?

Good player, but you can't justify him taking up $12.5 million in cap room next year -- not when cutting him frees up more than $10 million. That's more than enough to sign a very good replacement.

I've read where many scouts have said that Bruschi is the most overrated player in the league this season. I tend to agree, he is a horrendous tackler, and takes an insane amount of risks. But in the NE system, he can do that and get away with it, its the perfect setup for a guy like him. But put him on any other team and hes average at best. You have to admit that he does have incredible instincts and always seems to be at the right place at the right time, but Zach is hands down the better player.
Would you mind posting those links? Since many scouts have said that, I am sure you could post a few.

So are you telling me he is a horrendous tackler because you watch him all the time? Wouldn't that mean you didn't watch the Dolphins play all that much?

Then you say he has incredible instincts and always seems to be in the right place at the right time but he is an average linebacker? Way to contradict yourself. Please proofread your stuff before you post it. Maybe then someone would consider your opinion.

Spray Mucus said:
:rolleyes:

Give me a break... If Zach decided to retire today, I don't think he will be out on the streets.

At my current salary of 45k a year, it would take me 78 years to make what Zach is gonna make in BASE Salary in the 2005 season alone! But I crunch numbers instead of RB's...

How many millions of dollars do you really need?
I see your side of it, but at the same time, you have to realize that you are asking someone to be loyal to an organization that is very likely to not show any loyalty in return.

It's not Zach's fault that the NFL market for LB is what it is, he is simply going for market value. If he was constantly trying to be paid above and beyond market value (see Poston brothers clients) then I would call him out for it.

I mean really, if another company offered me $10 k a year more, I'd probably jump all over that, when you are talking in the millions more, it's hard to turn that down.

Anyway I thin Bruschi is a nice player but overhyped.

if your companys competitor offered you 3 times as much money to go work for them, would you go?? hell yeah.

there is a BIG diffrence between 1 mil a year and 3 mil a year.

players are not willing to do what bruschi did, cus the fact is, its a buisness. and when hes not worth the money or cant play, hes gone. no more money. simple as that. there is no retirement plan.

also, most players say they love a town or fans, but will not think twice befor taking more money somewhere else. this is why there is a salary cap in the first place.

also, bruschi cant be over hyped, the way he has played in the 3 superbowls. maybe not the best, but up their.

is this thread supposing by any chance that he is a better player than zach??

Back
Top Bottom