bryant johnson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bryant johnson

i would love to get him but we wont. we dont want him and he probably wont even visit us

Absolutely.

Lets see, Wilford had David Gerrard, while Johnson had.....welll. Matt Leinart and a VERY old Kurt Warner:rolleyes:

Also, Bryant was behind two of the best WR's in the league, and still had very good numbers.

He will be one of the best FA aquisitions this year.

Dont get me wrong, I like Wilford, and our WR corps instantly got better, but to say he has "More upside" that his numbers would "Far exceed Johnson" and that he "Is a better player" are not accurate whatsover, and I wouldnt be surprised if our Front Office still goes after Johnson to be the starter over Wilford;)
:up:

See CC, he beat me to it. Since this one "perplexes" :lol: you, explain why you think different.

Bryant Johnson has very good size not much smaller than wilford and is much faster than Wilford. He is two years younger, has very good hands and has been more productive than Wilford while not starting as much as Wilford. Johnson has potential to be a stud and has been blocked by two all pros while Wilford is basically the player that he is and has had no receivers of note to hold him back the last two years.

Walker. He was a #1 and can be brought in cheap.

Johnson has Derrius Thompson written all over him.

I honestly think the Dolphins will go for Walker and if we get him then don't expect us to go after any other WR. Even if we don't get Walker there is no indication or rumor that the Dolphins even want Bryant Johnson.

Adam Schefter has just reported that Bryant Johnson is on his way to Buffalo for a visit. I doubt any signing will be done though until Berrian gets a deal.

POSTED 12:05 p.m. EST, March 1, 2008

BILLS HOSTING JOHNSON

As free agency gets into its second day, the Bills will soon be sniffing around a second receiver to pair with go-to guy Lee Evans.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, receiver Bryant Johnson is on his way to Buffalo for a visit.

Johnson was the front end of first-round back-to-back draft picks by the Cardinals in 2003. He has been overshadowed by Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald.

The guy taken right after Johnson by the Cards, defensive end/linebacker Calvin Pace, is expected to sign with another team soon.

-www.profootballtalk.com

For me, Wilford has more 'Derrius Thompson' about him than Bryant Johnson. Aren't they more similar players than Thompson and Johnson would be?

I don't think either of them have D. Thompson about them. Wilford reminds me of OG with his willingness to go over themiddle and take a shot while Johnson kind of reminds me of a young Eric Moulds with the combination of size, speed, and hands.

Walker. He was a #1 and can be brought in cheap.

Johnson has Derrius Thompson written all over him.

Thompson had one season that Johnston has averaged over his cafeer as a backup. Thompson is nothing like Johnston.

Thompson had one season that Johnston has averaged over his cafeer as a backup. Thompson is nothing like Johnston.

Very good point...cept there is no T in Johnson :up:

But yeah, Johnson is a VERY good reciever. I have watched him in awe here (I live in Arizona). He is not spectacular, but VERY solid

Lets see, Wilford had David Gerrard, while Johnson had.....welll. Matt Leinart and a VERY old Kurt Warner:rolleyes:

Umm yea an old kurt warner threw more than 400 yards in a game last season and arizona is basically a more pass team than jacksonville wich is a run first team.

I don't think either of them have D. Thompson about them. Wilford reminds me of OG with his willingness to go over themiddle and take a shot while Johnson kind of reminds me of a young Eric Moulds with the combination of size, speed, and hands.
Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything against Wilford. I think he'll do fine in his role for Miami. All I meant is that, if either player was described as being like Derrius Thompson (in my opinion) it would be Wilford moreso than Johnson. That's not to say either player bears much of a resemblance.

Back
Top Bottom