BS Rotoworld Quote | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BS Rotoworld Quote

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
After visiting Dolphins camp this week, Yahoo's Jason Cole came away with the impression that RT Marc Colombo could be a "huge liability in pass protection."

Cole points out that Colombo "has a hard time moving" after so many leg injuries going on age 33, and it's "not a pretty situation" on the right side of Miami's line. Vernon Carey has struggled at right guard, and rookie Mike Pouncey has gotten pushed around at center. Jake Long is a rock at left tackle, but defenses are going to prey on the middle and right side of this line.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2492/marc-colombo

Fine, Colombo isnt that great. But Carey will be fine, Pouncey is going to be a stud, Incognito is a run-blocking mauler and Long, well hes, Long.

usually FH is divided on almost every player, even Ginn had his suporters but I haven't seen ANYBODY back this Columbo move.

It might be time to think about this:

LT Long
LG Pouncey
C Incognito
RG Garner
RT Murtha

Or you could do this:

LT Long
LG Pouncey
C O'Hara
RG Incognito
RT Garner

Either way, Carey and Colombo need to be sat.

Soooo....I'm failing to see where the BS is?

Is Colombo bad? Absolutely. Has Carey struggled? Yes. Has Pouncey been pushed around? I would suspect so being a rookie adjusting to the game. Is Jake Long solid? Definitely. Will defenses prey on the right side on the line? Duh.

Seems like a pretty fair and accurate assessment on Jason Cole's part.

It might be time to think about this:

LT Long
LG Pouncey
C Incognito
RG Garner
RT Murtha

Or you could do this:

LT Long
LG Pouncey
C O'Hara
RG Incognito
RT Garner

Either way, Carey and Colombo need to be sat.

no,no,no

Let's give Carey a little while 2 get used 2 playing guard. And if Colombo or carey don't step up then put murtha at tackle. We should of signed a pulling guard and moved incognito over to right guard carey was fine at tackle.

They simply have to put Garner or Murtha at the RT spot. Columbo is a turnstile. I'd give 2-1 odds that somebody OTHER than Columbo is our starting RT on September 12th.

Regarding Colombo, if the media and fans can se it, why can't the coaches? Why is he even taking a roster spot?

these geeks dont know what there taklin bout. just like finheaven. Columbo is not a turnstile. Ive seen worse situations in the past. Columbo does have great strength. If you notice his stiff *** body is still pushin people around. Am I saying he is great? No. Am I saying he stinks. Obviously no. Just because the mob says so does not make it so.

Would someone like to put of video to prove how bad he is? I would like to see it. You see, the media, lead on here by some people who think they are absolutely and expert, run with this crap.

With no thought as to the short offseason and limited playbook knowledge coming in.

Coumbo is stiff and is not bending. He also stays generally in front of his man. Did you see any sacks in last game? yeah, henne takes off now. Should have been doin that ages ago! Thanks Henning! You and Parsells can eat ESPN dog doo.

oh and one play does not a bad player make. Jake Long has had rough spots last year. Its whether you come back and kick ***. But overall, as long as we have Murtha and our Oline gels, its not really that big a deal. people just need stuff to wrtie about.

Regarding Colombo, if the media and fans can se it, why can't the coaches? Why is he even taking a roster spot?

what are you seeing? I watched the first half five times now. The Oline obviously as a whole did very well together the other night.

They simply have to put Garner or Murtha at the RT spot. Columbo is a turnstile. I'd give 2-1 odds that somebody OTHER than Columbo is our starting RT on September 12th.

once again, lets see film. cmon CK! make your stuff man. I'm just trying to get it right. prove me wrong. What has happened that shows he is a turnstile. You cant. He looked like an idiot on one play. So did Wilkerson. So is the world calling him a dud?

Back
Top Bottom