BSU shows Saban "the liar" what loyalty is | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BSU shows Saban "the liar" what loyalty is

idaho

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Saban must have liked what he saw from the Boise State ofensive cordinator during the Fiesta Bowl. He contacted the coach and invited him to interview for the ofensive cordinator position. In Boise State style Bryan Harsin rejected the invite to interview with the Tide as ofensive cordinator. "I love it hear in boise." "Coach petersen gave me the chance and I am staying to coach BSU." He rejected the chance to even interview at alabama. I am sure in the process rejecting a substantial pay raise to be of all things loyal. Saban probably thought the guy was off his rocker to reject the chance out of loyalty. Those who need a link can go to the statesman.com for the full article.

Sorry about the spellling I can't seem to run the spell check.

And this is what will continue to follow him now. That is why I say to people, dont let this guy get to you, everything he has coming, will come. If Bills fans absolutely hate this guy after he left us to make us better, then you can pretty much see that most of the football world now knows who the guy truly is.

In fact, I would bet there are kids getting ready to commit to schools who will now go to Auburn or LSU just to play the ******* and kick his ***!

There is no shame in moveing up and on.

Everyone knows that.

I think the guy does not want to be associated with
Nick Saban, which is smart.

It's not about loyalty.....(It may be, I'm not inside his head)
IMO, its about hireability later on.

What pro wants his rep tarnished by Saban?

There is no shame in moveing up and on.

Everyone knows that.

I think the guy does not want to be associated with
Nick Saban, which is smart.

It's not about loyalty.....(It may be, I'm not inside his head)
IMO, its about hireability later on.

What pro wants his rep tarnished by Saban?

Actually it was about loyalty.

Boise State offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin this morning turned down an opportunity to interview for the offensive coordinator job at Alabama.

New Alabama coach Nick Saban called Harsin Thursday night to invite him to interview. Harsin never seriously considered the interview, he said.
Harsin and his wife, Kes, grew up in Boise and Harsin played quarterback at BSU before becoming a coach.
"We're at Boise State, we love Boise State and Boise State's where we want to be," Harsin said. "Nothing's going to change that at this point."
Harsin, 30, replaced head coach Chris Petersen as the Broncos‚ coordinator this season. He spent the previous four years as the tight ends coach, working closely with Petersen on the game plans.
"For him to give me the opportunity I got and believe in me, that means a lot to me that a guy would do that," Harsin said. "I just feel very loyal to him." Petersen said assistant head coach Sean Kugler has been getting calls about job opportunities in the NFL. He expects Kugler to stay.

Actually it was about loyalty.

Boise State offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin this morning turned down an opportunity to interview for the offensive coordinator job at Alabama.

New Alabama coach Nick Saban called Harsin Thursday night to invite him to interview. Harsin never seriously considered the interview, he said.
Harsin and his wife, Kes, grew up in Boise and Harsin played quarterback at BSU before becoming a coach.
"We're at Boise State, we love Boise State and Boise State's where we want to be," Harsin said. "Nothing's going to change that at this point."
Harsin, 30, replaced head coach Chris Petersen as the Broncos‚ coordinator this season. He spent the previous four years as the tight ends coach, working closely with Petersen on the game plans.
"For him to give me the opportunity I got and believe in me, that means a lot to me that a guy would do that," Harsin said. "I just feel very loyal to him." Petersen said assistant head coach Sean Kugler has been getting calls about job opportunities in the NFL. He expects Kugler to stay.

Good on him.

My feeling is that he cost his family alot of money....(Not talking about Saban only...)....But if that's what he wants, and, his family wants, then, good on him.

To hold every coach to that "Loyalty" standard...Well...Then, 90% are disloyal. If all are scum for not meeting that standard, well, most are scum, aren't they?

Good on him.

My feeling is that he cost his family alot of money....(Not talking about Saban only...)....But if that's what he wants, and, his family wants, then, good on him.

To hold every coach to that "Loyalty" standard...Well...Then, 90% are disloyal. If all are scum for not meeting that standard, well, most are scum, aren't they?

True.

I read that the assistants got a 20% raise to make around
$168,000.00 per year. So yeah loyalty cost his family. But maybe job security and not working for an A-Hole was the critical factor. Who knows but it was refreshing to see someone get negative with Nick and let him feel the sting. Nick has to wonder what the other coaches thing of him and here is lowly bsu coach passing on the ofensive cordinators job at alabama. He has to be wondering if word is out that he is not worth working for.

True.

$168,000.00 per year. So yeah loyalty cost his family. But maybe job security and not working for an A-Hole was the critical factor. Who knows but it was refreshing to see someone get negative with Nick and let him feel the sting. Nick has to wonder what the other coaches thing of him and here is lowly bsu coach passing on the ofensive cordinators job at alabama. He has to be wondering if word is out that he is not worth working for.

ahh comon man, they arent lowly anymore. i believe that lowly team just beat one of the most historic teams in the country to win a bcs bowl game. that job isnt so lowly anymore.

ahh comon man, they arent lowly anymore. i believe that lowly team just beat one of the most historic teams in the country to win a bcs bowl game. that job isnt so lowly anymore.

I stand corrected. Lowly on the pay scale! High on the standard of living. I am corrected and will take note of the correction.

I stand corrected. Lowly on the pay scale! High on the standard of living. I am corrected and will take note of the correction.

good man. haha. but on the pay scale of things. do they get a truck load of money for winning that bowl game? maybe they all will get a raise?

but i definatley agree with you on all the loyalty points sir

True.

The man has himself in very clear focus.

I'd bet he has a very solid relationship at home.

There are more things than football.

But then...........

Aren't we shopping for the Ronin that is ALL football?

Just a question when we bring up things like.."loyalty" and...."honor"...

Just a question of what it is that we want here.

True.

BTW..168 K sounds pretty good to me.

Back
Top Bottom