Bua for Safety | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua for Safety

Terror

Owner of the TerrorShop
Reaction score
Honestly I think we should at least let Bua compete for the job, he is young, has played the position before, is quick enough, and punishes people......badly. This will make recievers stay away. Thoughts?

Let everyone compete....Even Zach :roflmao:
No really BUa is an realistic option so sure let him compete. However I think he will be found to be too slow and retained as a KILLER special teamer.

Honestly I think we should at least let Bua compete for the job, he is young, has played the position before, is quick enough, and punishes people......badly. This will make recievers stay away. Thoughts?

You know, that ain't a half bad idea actually. I hear that St. Louis is moving Archuleta to free safety and moving my boy Pisa Tinoisamoa to strong safety. Damn I wish we would have used a 4th rounder to move up and grab him instead of just waiting for Eddie Moore to fall for us for no other reason other than that he was a linebacker and he was fast enough to fit our scheme.

Moore wasnt bad last season b4 he got injured. more upside with him to come methinks.

Moore wasnt bad last season b4 he got injured. more upside with him to come methinks.

Key words before he got injured. This was a guy that had injury questions in college, got injured for the season his rookie year, and got injured again this year. When is he not going to be injured? And when will he develop into anything but a solide BACKUP linebacker while always fighting off these injuries?

Bua was deemed too slow to play safety when he was drafted. Of course that decision was made by Wannabe, so how accurate the assessment was is open to debate. Personally I have my doubts that he can do it, but I'm all for letting him try in the minicamps. It certainly can't hurt.

Bowl_Bound said:
No really BUa is an realistic option so sure let him compete. However I think he will be found to be too slow and retained as a KILLER special teamer.

Hey not a bad idea....:cooldude:

yankeehillbilly said:
Bua was deemed too slow to play safety when he was drafted. Of course that decision was made by Wannabe, so how accurate the assessment was is open to debate. Personally I have my doubts that he can do it, but I'm all for letting him try in the minicamps. It certainly can't hurt.
I disagree that Bua's 40 time's are too slow....but agree the decision was made by a lousy coach. Bua's time at the combine was 4.59 I believe...as you can see that time matches up well with those in this draft. Seems only Shazor is close to Bua's weight...and 40.

1Ernest Shazor JuniorMichigan 6'4 230 4.53

2Donte Nicholson SeniorOklahoma 6'1 215 4.55

3Jamaal Brimmer SeniorUNLV6'0 215 4.60

4James Sanders JuniorFresno State 5'11 205 4.51

5Andre MaddoxSeniorNC State 5'11 195 4.45

6Atari BigbySeniorCentral Florida 5'10 218 4.62

7Junior Rosegreen SeniorAuburn 5'11 190 4.50

8Nino Williams SeniorMissouri 6'1 210 4.52

9Jerome Carter SeniorFlorida State 6'0 219 4.55

10Diamond Ferri SeniorSyracuse 5'10 216 4.50

11Terry Holley SeniorRice 6'2 210 4.65

12Hamza AbdullahSeniorWashington State 6'2 211 4.60

13Marquis Weeks SeniorVirginia 5'10 212 4.59

14Atcheson Conway SeniorBowie State 6'0 215 4.55

15Justin BeriaultSeniorBall State 6'3 200 4.65

16CC BrownSeniorLouisiana-Lafayette 6'2 205 4.52

17Doug MonaghanSeniorCincinnati 6'3 210 4.67

18Trawick Boger SeniorTulane 6'1 203 4.55

19Riccardo Stewart SeniorArizona State 5'10 215 4.63

20Jonas Buckles SeniorNorth Texas 5'11 213 4.65

21James King SeniorCentral Michigan 6'1 204 4.70

22Mike Williams SeniorKentucky 5'11 190 4.53

23Jarvis JohnsonSeniorRutgers 5'11 195 4.55

24Tyrone Gilliard SeniorPittsburgh 5'11 205 4.60

25Marcus Patton SeniorKansas State 6'1 210 4.55

Bua Can Knock Some Heads Off

Bua might be able to pull off the switch... I don't know why but he has a bunch of confidence and potential.... THat swagger that comes with a killer instinct.... That's what a safety is (Tatum, Lott, Carrier, Atwater{old school}----{new school}Reed, Williams, Palomalu = they all have or had a mean streak but could also cover you out the backfield :eek: That's an interesting analysis and I'M ACTUALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SABAN GIVING BUA A LEGIT OPP.........:evil:

Bua played S in college and wasn't there a thread on this subject earlier today ?? Some article somewhere had them looking at Bua as a S...but I forget...it's terrible getting old...

Yeah Bua was definitely a college Safety. In the scheme with Jim Bates, his speed and tackling skills were coveted at linebacker, not in the secondary, but in Saban's schemes his tackling ability and attitude are now going to be coveted in the secondary.

Bowl_Bound said:
Anyone remember when he did that block against the Rams? wow that was a hard hit :eek:

We all love Buas attitude, and we know he can hit, but anyone know anything about his cover skills? Even if he is fast enough to play safety it doesnt mean he is good enough to play safety. Im not against the idea of trying him there, Ill just really be surprised if he is a starter any time soon, or at all. He might just be a great special teams player for us, like Izzo is for the Pats.

I think he'll be moved to safety in order to find out a little more about his cover skills. Currently, the coaches don't know much other than a few games in college.

Back
Top Bottom