Bua has a new # | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua has a new #

BlueFin said:
I don't know why anyone ever thought he'd be a linebacker, not enough bulk, the question is does he have enough speed for safety in todays NFL.
Well, considering Saban's apparent plan to switch to a 3-4 defense, a 212lb LB ain't going to cut it. Given our thin Safety issues and the future of this team, it only makes sense. Besides, Bua has always been in a SS mold and I was honestly puzzled when they tried to make him a LB.

What I can't wait for is to see him lay out a WR or a TE with the type of hit he made against that 272lb St Louis DE. Now, THAT is going to be fun to watch. Unfortunately, I don't know if he'll get the opportunity.

Mindwarp said:
and i see
22 Wooden, Shawn S 5-11 205 31 9 Notre Dame '96 Abington, PA FA, '01 0/0/0/0

51 Bua, Tony LB 5-11 212 24 R Arkansas '04 River Ridge, LA D5, '04 7/0/0/6

same here

BlueFin said:
Saban is known as an expert in switching people to their proper position, Sport Illustrated did an entire article on it last summer.
Exactly. He didn't need much film on Bua to notice his proper position. He knew from his days in the SEC when Bua was at Univ of Arkansas.

i don't see it... where's the change... I think is would an incredibly smart move by Saban to make this move but I just don't see where it say that on the roster:confused:

Shawn-l said:
Heck, if Bua can run a 4.59 he would be fine at SS. I just worry about his durability.

Hmmmm, I donno about that time... I've read that it was 4.6 - 4.6....

If he runs that then he could definitely make that switch back to SS.

Den54 said:
He's big enough but is he fast enough.
is he as quick as say John Lynch. I think we all know he can hit as hard!!!

_dan24 said:
Hmmmm, I donno about that time... I've read that it was 4.6 - 4.6....

If he runs that then he could definitely make that switch back to SS.
That time was listed in the draft report posted earlier in this thread.

And, theoretically speaking, I would say he was running faster than at least 4.7 when he blew up that DE.

4.6 is fast enough to play SS in this league. You just have to have the instincts to make up for the .1 to .2 speed loss in coverage or playing the run. It's all about angles and judging correctly when to turn and burn when you're making up for a loss in speed. If you play your angles right and make the right decisions when to turn, you'll put yourself in position to make the play.

Back
Top Bottom