Bucky Brooks audio discussing Henne/ Breakout Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks audio discussing Henne/ Breakout Year

Coming up tommorrow Bucky will explain Santa Claus' strategy for getting all the presents out to the good little boys and girls. Just kidding, henne could have a breakout year. It's now or never in Miami, he has enough tools to succeed.

Chad Henne needs to learn how to put away games. To me it seems like the only time he begins playing well is when they're attempting a come from behind win. In the last two minutes of halves, he's thrown 2 TD and 5 picks. When the Dolphins are LOSING, he's thrown 18 TD and 13 picks. When the dolphins are winning or tied, he's thrown 8 TD and 17 INT. 4th quarter: 3 TD, 8 picks.

He's shown flashes of good decision making, and numerous more flashes of just plain stupidity. After having an offseason to cool from his horrible play, I say give him 2-4 games with a new coordinator, and improved offensive line. Maybe he's capable of being a winning qb, maybe not.

The guy is 26 now, it's time to step up his game!

As far as short to intermediate passes, No, his problem was actually overthinking, he placed the ball right more times then not, but waited that splitsecond more then he should have, giving defensive players a chance to jump the play (That comes with having little to no confidence in your abilities).

His deep ball does need some work, especially considering he has rare arm strength, his game should be more vertical, and with his armstrength, he should be able to drop balls quickly enough to the deep receiver, that DBs will have no time to recover or get help in coverage.

I'm talking more about the throws where if he puts it in the right spot, it's a TD.. but he ends up throwing it to where the receiver either has to completely change direction, slow down, or both.. and they end up getting caught after the catch.

Those are the throws that separate the boys from the men..

But I agree there was overthinking too.. like the receiver will be wide open and by the time he throws it the DB got to recover.. so that combined with bad ball placement = some horrid plays

I'm talking more about the throws where if he puts it in the right spot, it's a TD.. but he ends up throwing it to where the receiver either has to completely change direction, slow down, or both.. and they end up getting caught after the catch.

Those are the throws that separate the boys from the men..

But I agree there was overthinking too.. like the receiver will be wide open and by the time he throws it the DB got to recover.. so that combined with bad ball placement = some horrid plays

I personally think, the most important thing Henne is going to have to learn if he expects to succeed, will be to start having confidence in himself. This is do or die for him, if by now he has not used to the NFL, he never will.

As far as those throws, I know what you mean, but I think that also has to do with nerves and overthinking things, he needs to see the play, and just pull the switch, and not doubt himself so much. He has a huge advantage, and he should learn to use it in his favor, he has a cannon, if the play the receiver gets open, and he sees that window, throw the ball, if he does it in time, the ball will get there in time where either the receiver gets it or nobody gets it.

Bad throw are going to happen, I have seen some WTF throws from Manning and Brady, but Henne just needs to stop throwing 3-4 WTF passes a game.

Henne still did not have an offensive line, Henning, still no TE, no running, FG Sparano, and other factors. No QB could have had success in that offense. I'm not saying he's the real deal, but he has potential to be a good QB.

Henne has a brickload of reasons why he didn't succeed, but he still has to give us that "franchise QB" glimpse we're looking for ...

hell ! look at Sam Bradford ! His situation isn't really better than henne, and he still managed to impress people, win some games on his own, giving hope to fans that he'll be able to turn that franchise around soon ...

That's what I want from Henne

Henne has a brickload of reasons why he didn't succeed, but he still has to give us that "franchise QB" glimpse we're looking for ...

hell ! look at Sam Bradford ! His situation isn't really better than henne, and he still managed to impress people, win some games on his own, giving hope to fans that he'll be able to turn that franchise around soon ...

That's what I want from Henne

You'll be waiting a long long time in that case...

Back
Top Bottom