Bucs release Davin Joseph | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs release Davin Joseph

He hasn't played well at all since he suffered a really bad patellar tear. He claims the knee is 100% but what do you expect him to say. He was in the 2011 Pro Bowl. Maybe bring him in and see what the Drs. say. Doesn't cost to look.

Just hope Tampa Bay doesn't turn into Hickey's version of the Irish Dallas underground railroad.

With Hickey being our GM....should we kick the tires there?
Hickey know him very well, as well as how healthy his knee is. So if the Dolphins don't bring him in I will trust Hickey's judgement on this one.

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD 1m

Davin Joseph: "I'm never surprised by anything that happens in this league. I learned that seeing some other Tampa Bay greats get released.'
"Their house, their rules. It's a new coaching staff and they want to bring in their own guys and start something new.'

Just hope Tampa Bay doesn't turn into Hickey's version of the Irish Dallas underground railroad.
Lol...i get what ur saying Vaark, i figure it couldn't hurt with us badly needing OL help.

I'd like to see our new GM get out of this comfort zone as well. After all the Tampa teams have not been good lately.

This was a big problem with the last guy. Falling back on familiar players instead of searching out some new ones.

That said we need LOTS of help on the O line so why not check him out ?

I can't think of too many Bucs castoffs that crossed paths with Hickey that might fit our needs. Maybe Blount or Joseph?

Joseph was bad last year, really bad! Worse than John Jerry bad. He missed all of 2012, came back last year but was a shell of his former self. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a minimum 1 year deal do see if he can regain his 2011 form. I just wouldn't bet on it. I think he's done

apparently he was awful last year

I can't think of too many Bucs castoffs that crossed paths with Hickey that might fit our needs. Maybe Blount or Joseph?

I like Blount. When I posted that in another thread it was pointed our he's not a good team guy and was bad in the TB locker room. i don't know just his running style (down hill with power) would be a great compliment to Millers and a huge upgrade over D.Thomas.

I guess we're going to have a thread like this every time Tampa releases a player. It makes sense given that these players know what it's like to play for a winning organization and Tampa produces more pro-bowlers than I can count on my fingers and toes. That team has been at the top of their division for years so of course we'd want to scoop up as many of their players as possible.

He was playing in hell locker room, dealing with MRSA (Mr. Schiano's attitude), and that's all coming off knee surgery the previous year. I'd say at least sign him to a McKinnie deal. Let him come and take fatass John Jerry's job if he's still got something.

If he passes the physical, sign him up. He is a great player when healthy. This is just like Grimes last year...sometimes you have to take that chance.

Miami is not getting All Pros all across the line. Finding a bargain like Joseph might be needed.

Back
Top Bottom