Buddy Ryan new DC? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buddy Ryan new DC?

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
Buddy Ryan is a great defensive mind, but made a head coach. He has coached for a few teams, including a miserable stint with the Cardinals (right?) as HC.

I think he's a defensive genius, but he is not really the type I see to fit into Saban's system. But who knows?

You don't know what Sabam's system is, it's not going to be what you saw in college that for sure, so you really don't have a clue until the first game of the year.

Buddy never gets along with anybody. I can imagine how crothety he would be at 71 years old. He and Ditka never got along when Buddy was the Bears DC. And he actually took a swing at Kevin Gilbride, Who was his OC when he coached the Oilers. Funniest thing I ever saw between coaches when Buddy tried to cold **** Gilbride during the game because Gilbride's offense was stinking it up.

[QUOTE='66'Fin]Buddy never gets along with anybody. I can imagine how crothety he would be at 71 years old. He and Ditka never got along when Buddy was the Bears DC. And he actually took a swing at Kevin Gilbride, Who was his OC when he coached the Oilers. Funniest thing I ever saw between coaches when Buddy tried to cold **** Gilbride during the game because Gilbride's offense was stinking it up.[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOL....

Well, I guess at 71, Saban wouldn't have any concerns about being able to whip Buddy's @ss. :lol:

But yeah, he's gets into conflict with staff and runs his mouth, stirring things up too much for what I perceive to be Saban's liking.

fin-atic said:
Wow, this is taking rumor to a whole new level. Who will be next?

Bill Arnsparger?
I may be wrong here but hasn't Arnsparger passed away?

[QUOTE='66'Fin]Buddy never gets along with anybody. I can imagine how crothety he would be at 71 years old. He and Ditka never got along when Buddy was the Bears DC. And he actually took a swing at Kevin Gilbride, Who was his OC when he coached the Oilers. Funniest thing I ever saw between coaches when Buddy tried to cold **** Gilbride during the game because Gilbride's offense was stinking it up.[/QUOTE]
I thought at the time of that incident, Ryan was the DC and Gilbride the OC under Jack Pardee, rather than Buddy being the HC.
What ever, I always enjoyed watching Buddy's defenses play, especially the Bears and Eagles, but he also put some good defenses on the field with Az too, trouble was their offenses were pretty inept.

Back
Top Bottom