Buffalo @ Miami Special Quarter by Quarter Review | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo @ Miami Special Quarter by Quarter Review

Zgonina proably wouldn't be on the team if Vickerson hadn't gotten hurt in the preseason finale against Atlanta. I've already isolated Zgonina for my "got to go" list for 2006, after Larry Chester and Derrius Thompson were the nominees for 2005.

Awsi Dooger said:
Zgonina proably wouldn't be on the team if Vickerson hadn't gotten hurt in the preseason finale against Atlanta. I've already isolated Zgonina for my "got to go" list for 2006, after Larry Chester and Derrius Thompson were the nominees for 2005.

I hope Reggie Howard is also on that list. :lol:

That was the best non-Homeristic review of a game of the season. Good stuff, CK.

I'm surprised nobody bit on my JP Losman = Jo from The Facts of Life observation. I thought that was quite funny.

ckparrothead said:
I'm surprised nobody bit on my JP Losman = Jo from The Facts of Life observation. I thought that was quite funny.

:lol:

Probably too old of a show for people to remember.

Thanks, CK. Nice read and the J.P. = Jo thing was quite amusing.

IMO...
Ngata is still an option in the 1st. Traylor in '06 is iffy while Zgonina and Carter ($3mil) should just go.
Is anything more than depth/competition at LB needed given the play of Pope and Spragan? Roth and Crowder just need more playing time under their belts.
There's a hole at SS, no doubt. Tebucky can't stay healthy and is he worth his contract?
Keeping Sam at a reduced cap # would be excellent, if possible Poole and Mitchell should round out the depth, IF they stay healthy. Daniels should improve on things in time as well.

A replacement for DMac is warranted. Will Carey continue to improve? There will be FA's and Rookies to be had in the offseason. Regardless of Seth's improved play, an upgrade is still warranted at C. The guards are fine in spite of Hadnot's early season penalties, though Jeno is getting paid a pretty penny.

Aside from an addition at WR, I think the only positional topic left is QB. I'll stop there, but I like how Saban is putting this thing together.

We need one more young CB. Can't count on Poole or Mitchell at this point, as the odds are that injuries could take one of their or both of their careers out. That's just being realistic.

I don't see as much need to replace McIntosh right away if he keeps performing like he is...and if they think Anthony Alabi is his eventual replacement who am I to argue?

I don't think it is fair to say Tebucky can't stay healthy as I'm not sure but I think this may be the first time he's sustained serious injury. Obviously, we need a long term playmaker at safety but Schulters and Tebucky would work fine if we had good CB play.

And there's no reason to dump Carter he has been excellent this season people just don't notice it because he never ends up putting the cherry on top with the sack. He penetrates really well and at times holds up very nicely against the run.

Overall I get a twitch when people start making their plans while taking it for granted that a young player will continue to improve. The same kind of thinking sunk us with Wade Smith.

ckparrothead said:
I don't see as much need to replace McIntosh right away if he keeps performing like he is...and if they think Anthony Alabi is his eventual replacement who am I to argue?

I havnt heard much about Alabi. Do they realy like him that much?

Another good post by ckparrothead. Good job :up:

ckparrothead said:
Overall I get a twitch when people start making their plans while taking it for granted that a young player will continue to improve. The same kind of thinking sunk us with Wade Smith.

But Smith was supposedly playing pretty well before the injury, once they moved him to C. So maybe they see him as our future C, he has had a year to sit and learn the schemes so he should be in the running for a starting job at C next year.

Back
Top Bottom