Buffalo Soldier's 3rd Annual AFC East Breakdown | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo Soldier's 3rd Annual AFC East Breakdown

Couldn't all the same be said for Bills fans, desperate to cheer for a SB winniner just once in their lives? I guess when you never ever get to call your team the best, you'll take small little victories and treat them as if they were far more valuable then they really are. I get it, I understand now, Bill fans want to have something to take their minds of never winning anything worth while. So they take the little victories and covet them as their own little SB's. See we could be the Jets or Pats, Bill fans don't care. They just want to point fingers at someone else and distract attention from their own short comings.

It's understandable, when you get beat up as much as Bill fans have been beat up they tend to go overboard with any little glimmar of hope. Still in the end it's just just a 7-9 season proceeding more 7-9 and 6-10, no playoffs seasons that seem to just go on forever for the Bills and their fans. So enjoy that little bit of joy you seem to find in celebarting a losing 7-9 season as if it was actually a good season. Cause it's still just another losing season for Bill fans. This is by no means smack, it's the harsh reality of being the fan of a team that has had the least amount of success in the division and the fans that refuse to accept it

You're right. The SB losses are just eating me alive. How will I ever get over something that happened at the beginning of the last decade, the end of last century, the end of the last millenium?

If only I could hang onto something that happened almost 40 years ago. To dwell on something that was won last century. To ride something that was accomplished last millenium and act as if it held some significance now so that the failures of this decade can be forgotten and treated as if they didn't matter.

I think to myself, "the fish really are a good football team even though they went 1-15 last season. I'm sure that if they go 1-15 again this season the league will give them a wildcard playoff spot because they DID win the Super Bowl back in the early 70's. They may even crown them division champ. I think they should be given a Bye in the first round just because Bill Parcells is in miami. Yeah they deserve it."

Ya know what, the fish's stats were so great last season that I may just start a petition to give them a mulligan on the season record. They were so much better than their record would indicate.

Now I'm done posting anything about this here, I think this thread should have been taken to the depths a long time ago.

You're right. The SB losses are just eating me alive.

Hmmm, that's exactly how I feel about a Bills team that hasn't had a winning season in years and had nearly the worst offens and defense the last couple of years. They win 7 games last year and it's just killing me:rolleyes2:

Look out a Bill fan thinks his team is better then it is.............HUGE SHOCK!! I won't be sleeping well knowing this, yeah right.:sidelol:

AFC EAST BREAKDOWN
I Copy and pasted the original TC's breakdown, but I changed it around to what I think.
This will happen if ALL THE TEAMS PLAY GOOD with NE playing WEAKER.
This a combination of this and next year.

I'm not being biased. I believe that the Fins will be great again. I ALWAYS try to stay unbiased. The Jets blew a lot of money on players. The Bills continue to say they're a playoff team and then they never make it. The Bills will be GOOD, but the coaching will push them back for a while. The Patriots have questions now and a weakness in their defense. Teams can't be great forever and teams can't suck forever. Teams in the NFL get good or bad real fast. Maybe I'm being a little optimistic, but the future looks the brightest for the Fins. The chemistry and respect the players have for one another and the coaching staff is amazing. They are hungry for wins with a healthy Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Ricky is not going to screw the team over again. I expect them to make it to the .500 mark because of the attitude and the coaching staff. The players are a question, but we'll have to wait to see. If the Fins go 2-0 at the beginning of the season, then I believe they MIGHT be able to defeat the Pats with an injured Brady have a good season. The Patriots weakness is in passing, which the Fins will most LIKELY not be good at this year. That is why Henne is learning because he is the future of this franchise. The Fins will beat the Bills once and the Jets once. Then they will lose once to each teams. So, 1-1 against the Jets and Buff. Probably 1-1 or 0-2 against the Pats.

Quarterbacks
NE 4
NYJ 3
MIA 2
BUF 1

Tom Brady is one of the greatest QB's to ever play. He has broken several records and has taken his team to 4 SB's, losing only 1 of them to the Giants. However, Brady has two had trouble with his ankles and he will be slowed down because of this. The Jets have Brett Farve ,a Hall of Famer, who has broken Marino's record with A LOT of TD's and INT's. He is also 38, which is VERY old for a QB in the NFL. At his age, pressure from the D can ensure a INT from him. However, the Jets O line is very solid this year, giving Farve a lot of time to aim and fire to their good WR's. Pennington was a HUGE upgrade over McCown and Beck. Henne is still learning as a rookie. CP has the highest completion percentage in the NFL, but he has what is called a "Noodle Arm" because of injuries. However, the Fins are a ? in their WR's, so that really doesn't make a HUGE difference in the team. CP is also one of the smartest QB's in the league.

In Buffalo, Trent Edwards was a GREAT QB in his rookie year despite having a wrist injury and losses in the last 3 games of last years' season. He is definitely the future of the Bills franchise. The Bills went 7-9 and were second place because of beating the 1-15 Fins and the 4-12 Jets twice. It will not be like that this year, however. TE will lead the Bills to a SB, so don't count them out. They still remain the only AFC East to NEVER win a SB. The Fins and Jets haven't won in almost 40 years.

Running Backs
MIA 4
NYJ 2
BUF 2
NE 1

This is a very tough decision. Lynch proved to be a very tough runner and when he was injured, while Fred Jackson stepped in and played very well. NE didn't use Maroney a lot last year because they loved to pass. I think Lamont Jordan is a SOLID player.

Miami probably has the best RB's. Ricky Williams is in the best shape of his life and is in his 2002 form. Ronnie Brown is coming an injury, but he has proven that he can play as a starter. Ronnie and Ricky will be sharing the runs, according to the coaching staff, hence the "R&R Express." Thomas Jones is a decent back who runs hard but is nothing special. Washington is a very good change of pace back but doesn't get enough carries to be a major player.

Wide Receivers
NE 4
NYJ 3
BUF 2
MIA 1

The Patriots are clearly the winners here. Moss and Welker have become on of the best duo's in the NFL. Coles and Cotchery are also very solid duo in their own right, but they are not play makers. Lee Evans is the 2nd best receiver in the division but he has had little help. Hardy could be a beast, but he is still a rookie and has a lot to prove. Miami could have scored higher here, but they remain a ? in this position. Ginn may have a breakout season this year because CP and Ginn seem to be like TB and Moss.

Tight Ends
NE 4
NYJ 3
BUF 2
MIA 1

This is the WORST position by far in the division. Watson is pretty good, but he still drops a lot of balls. Between Keller, Franks, and Baker, the Jets have some solid players but no real stars. However, Keller could become a star. Buffalo's TEs are bad, but they may improve. The TE's in Miami are improving, but they are not going to be great this season.

Offensive Line
NE 4
BUF 3
NYJ 2
MIA 2

This is the MOST improved area in the AFC East. If you have a record setting offense, the O-Line will get all the credit. Miami and the Jets have improved immensely, but they have yet to prove themselves. Chemistry takes time to develop, so don't expect break out seasons from them. That's why I rate Buffalo's ahead of them both. CP has had very few sacks and has had time to make big plays. Jake Long, the first round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, will make A LOT of openings for MIA's RB's. All 4 teams have solid units. The Jets and MIA are tied. MIA may have the best O-Line after next year's draft, however. Wait and see.

Defensive Line
NE 4
BUF 3
NYJ 3
MIA 3

MIA wins this because Parcells is a Defense genius. NE had one of the best D-lines in football, but age is starting to catch up with them, they are however addressing this issue. The Bills have a pro bowler in Schobel; a former pro bowler in Stroud; and run 2 deep at every position. Jenkins, IMO, isn't what he used to be and is playing a new position. However, he still is an upgrade though the rest of the D-line is pretty average. Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are gone, but they have definitely been replaced. Miami's D-Line led this year's Pre-Season in sacks with the 3-4 Defense. They were Terrific this Pre-Season. Miami has more to prove, but they will become the best in this division.

Linebackers
MIA 4 (If they prove themselves)
BUF 3
NYJ 3
NE 3

This one is really close. NE would've won this one, but they are fading fast. They were a disaster in the Pre-Season, even though most say the Pre-Season means nothing. Mayo probably will be a great player, but they are very old everywhere else. Buffalo and NYJ are almost identical. I think Poz and Harris will both have really good careers. However, I like the experience of the Bills other LBs (Mitchell and Crowell) over the potential of the Jets. And I think Pace got paid way too much money when he was a borderline bust for most of his career. Miami's LB are the pride and joy of their defense, making them tied for 1st in this comparison. The 3 teams will be in long competition for the best at this spot. However, with BP in charge, Miami will win this one in years to come.

Secondary
NYJ 4
BUF 3
NE 2
MIA 1

Again, another very difficult group to rate. Neither of these groups are that impressive, but there is a lot of potential. Buffalo and the Jets are basically even, but I give the Jets the edge because I think Rhodes is the best d back in the division. The bills have a very young group that has a lot of potential. Samuel was a huge loss and Harrison is a year older. Miami's Secondary has a lot to prove, but they have not played a real game yet.

Special Teams
BUF 4
MIA 3
NYJ 2
NE 1

Buffalo has a good kicker, great punter, and really good returners. The Jets have a good return game and Nugent is a pretty good kicker. Ginn will be the pride and joy of Miami. Carpenter is one of the most accurate kickers I know. When he kicks, your almost guaranteed a FG. NE is just good here.

FINAL SCORES:
NE 27
BUF 24
NYJ 25
MIA 19 :foundout:

New England Patriots: (12-4) :boohoo:
After almost making history and going 18-1, the Patriots are not going to be as great as last year. They are going to be winners of the AFC East. However, they better watch out because every team in their division is hungry for some wins and are much more improved. Tom Brady's injury and a loss of key players will put them in a fragile 1st place spot in the division. However, they have the easiest schedule in the league and will still dominate teams with their offense.

Miami Dolphins: (8-8) :unsure:
The Dolphins last year had a lot of trouble swimming. With the poor coaching, injuries, bad drafting for a decade, and nice attitude, the Fins were destined to fall 0-16 or 1-15. As you can see, Miami has improve A LOT. Teams are going to underestimate the Fins and will be taught a lesson. The coaching staff is almost perfect and the win or lose your job attitude has made this team hungry for wins. The team is full of young players who will make several mistakes this season. CP brings leadership and will mentor the team to greatness. Most of the positions on this team are a ?, but this team is definitely being built for the future. This team remains in last place in the Division on my list this year.

Buffalo Bills (10-6) :rolleyes2:
The Bills may actually be right this time and ram their way into the playoffs through the Wild Card, but that may not happen. However, for the last couple of years, they still remain a solid hopeful playoff team, but they never seem to make it. TE may have a breakout season and may actually lead the team to the playoffs. Due to the coaching staff, I think this team will be pushed back from the playoffs in the future or maybe now. However, they will almost always be a solid team in the AFC East.

New York Jets: (9-7) :foundout:
They're pretty much in the same situation as the Dolphins. Only winning 3 more games then the Fins, the Jets had a plane crash last year. They can go either way this year. They are tied with the Fins if they play a little choppy . They are a win a SB now team, but that will not happen. Saban did the same thing to the Fins and that led them into a disaster.

The Fins have won 2 SB in 1972 and 1973. The Jets have won 1 SB in 1968. The Bills have never won a SB. The Pats have won the SB in 2001, 2003, and 2004. The Fins have the highest win percentage in the NFL and remain the only team to remain perfect. The Jets have not really accomplished much in 40 years. The Bills have made it to the playoffs a lot and are fighting to return to their former selves. As are the Dolphins. The Patriot's dynasty is pretty much over, so it's going to be a VERY competitive AFC East this year.

The Future looks bright for the AFC EAST and it will become a tough division in the future. Probably even the best in the years to come. :woot:

Who do you think will win the division this year? Will it be close?

Rather than start a thread or go into the main forum I think the Bills were the most impressive team in the league today.

I think the Bills faced one of the most injured offenses in the league this week.

I've posted it bunch of times but as a Dolphins fan I can even admit when a team within the division is impressive.

I think the Bills faced one of the most injured offenses in the league this week.

yeah, their O was injured but their D wasn't and our Peters less OL dominated their DL.

Bring on the fins. Start making your excuses as early as today.

The bills are now ranked higher than the fins both defensively and offensively... got any excuses as to how the fins are still better than the bills?

I take it you won't be visiting Billszone anytime soon? :D

Back
Top Bottom