Buffalo Soldier's 3rd Annual AFC East Breakdown | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo Soldier's 3rd Annual AFC East Breakdown

Offensive side of the ball first

Quarterbacks
NE 4
NYJ 3
Buff 2
Miami 2

Tom Brady obviously takes the top spot. Farve comes in second and we will see who becomes the top QB in the division this year. Farve has good targets, good line, and also a good RB. Good situation for him. Buffalo has Edwards, who did well as a rookie last year. Losman is a decent backup also. Edwards has little injury concern throughout the preseason but shouldnt affect him during the year. Miami signed Pennington who looked impressive in his 2 real debuts. Henne impressed as a rookie and looks to be the future.

Runningbacks

Miami 3
Buff 3
NE 2
NYJ 2

If Ronnie was never recovering from such a serious injury and Ricky plays like he has been this preseason, this RB duo would be some of the top of the league. I gave them a 3 however, due to Ronnies injury.Marshawn Lynch is an excellent back that really proved me wrong coming out of the draft. Marooney Ive never been a fan of. He is a big power back, but have not been heavily impressed by him as ESPN scouts have (wonder why that is). Thomas Jones was considered a big signing but did not produce as well as he was expected to last year. He will breakout this year IMO. Leon Washington is somebody I find as a big time threat.

Wide Recievers

NE 4
NYJ 3
BUFF 3
Miami 2

Moss and Welker almost enough said. Jets have cotchery and coles and they will just get better due to the prescence of Farve. Buff gets a 3 out of me not only because of Lee Evans but mainly because I am high on Hardy. I do think he has Rookie of the year potential if Edwards gets him the ball. Size and Speed is what he possesses, looks like Moss rookie year. Ginn is the only threat Miami has. He will have a breakout year. Hagan or Wilford need to step up and become a good 2.

Tight Ends

IMO, not worth writing for. No real stars at this position. Watson is the best but he is no star.

Offensive Line

NE 4
Buff 3
Miami 3
NYJ 3

New England keeps Brady in the pocket upright and that is why he is what he is. Alot more credit of his success should go to his friends up front. Buffalo did very well blocking for two rookies behind center in Edwards and Lynch. Miami rebuilt the line and drafted Long. One of the stronger pieces to this franchise. NY got Faneca and Mangold along Ferguson still stand great there.

I'm done writing for the night. Slightly biased toward Miami I will admit but tried not to be full biased. Hard to do when your a fan. Overall, the division offense shines with good young talent. Should be a fun year to watch.

Wow, someone actually gave a good response. Good writeup and I appreciate the feedback. A lot of posters could learn from a 17 yo.

Maybe, but the last time us Dolphin fans did so, we had at least a top 5 defense and a top 20 offense. Bill fans do so when they have nearly the worst statistics in the league on both sides of the ball, on top of the lowest scoring offense in the league. Quite a difference. But I guess nothing compares to winning 7 games, when you win 7 games you're just as good as the Chargers and Pats, regardless what statistics you produce.:rolleyes2:

A team that was the 16th ranked offense and 7th ranked defense just won the Super Bowl. Try actually watching football instead of just playing Madden or fantasy football.

all he has is useless stats. guy spends more time looking up useless information on the internet then actually watching football.

not even worth responding to. same old recycled garbage, be the same story when miami finishes last this season and he'll come back next offseason saying how they're better than their record and cite useless stats.

Why bothering posting in the thread if you have nothing to say? You just use your same old bills suck everytime. You can't even talk about the subject at hand. Sad and a little weird at the same time how obessed you are with the Bills. Those Marino years must have really sucked for you. :up:

I see, so I don't praise the Bills awful 7-9 season and I have nothing to say? I had plenty to say you just don't want to read anything that isn't about how the Bills are better then they really are. How bout you come to this site and write about how great the Bills are when they actually have a winning season or make the playoffs or post stats that would prove they aren't nearly worst in the league on bothe sides of the ball? Till then everything you posted isn't based on what is, it's based on what you hope it will be. Hell anyone can do that.

Haha. If this isn't the definition of irony, I don't know what is. :lol:

How is it irony? I don't disrespect the Bills, they are what they are. They're a 7-9 team with the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked defense the last 2 years with the lowest scoring offense in the lague in 07, not mention they've not made the playoffs since 99. Now tell me, is any of the not true?? Any???

For some reason that equals the Bills and playoffs in 08 for Bill fans. I think the Bills are far from being a playoff team, that isn't disrespect, that the honest truth. You don't see me talking about how great I think the Dolphins are, you don't see me writting up this long opinionated post about how we are the better then everyone but NE even though in the last two years our statistics don't support that opinion, but Bill fans do.

Do you see me saying the Pats suck, the Chargers suck, the Colts suck? Do you see me saying Miami isn't worse then those teams?? No cause they are good teams, they post good numbers, they make the playoffs, they are good teams. Those teams have reason to be are better, they not only have the wins, they have the statistics to back up their wins. They have probowlers and and coaches that have more wins then loses. Do the Bills have any of that? No!!! Everything I've said in this post is true, it's not hate, it's not disrespect, it's factual. I'm simply pointing out the facts.

Bill fans are under this delusion that having the worst statistics in the division the last two years, having a HC without a winning record, not making the playoffs in ten years and having the lowest scoring offense in the league in 07 all equals a playoff team in 08, simply because you finished second in the division with a 7-9 record????...........that's absured!!!!

all he has is useless stats. guy spends more time looking up useless information on the internet then actually watching football.

not even worth responding to. same old recycled garbage, be the same story when miami finishes last this season and he'll come back next offseason saying how they're better than their record and cite useless stats.

:boohoo:oh boo frikin hooooo!!!!

Except I have facts on my side, Bill fans simply seem to make things up.

Here's a fact,
Miami has been last in the division 3 of the last 4 years.

Who's delusional? The fish have done next to nothing in the entire NFL. They have done nothing in the division. NOTHING.

Here's a fact,
Miami has been last in the division 3 of the last 4 years.

Who's delusional? The fish have done next to nothing in the entire NFL. They have done nothing in the division. NOTHING.

Yeah huge difference in being last and being 2nd and 3rd, all sucked. The only team on the division that's been worth a damn has been the Pats. Here's more reality, the Bills have been awful for the better part of the last decade, but Bill fans are pointing fingers, frikin classic. "Oh we've won more games the last three years, that means we don't suck." That's laughable.

The Bills the only team in the division without a SB win, the only team in the division that was swept for an entire decade by another team in the division. The only success the Bills have had in the league in the modern era, was four years that resulted in SB loses. The Bills are without a doubt the ugly duckling of the division.

Worst team in the division 3 of the past 4 years and worst team in the entire league just last year.

I understand now. If this is really what you need to do to cope with the fact that the fish are the worst team in the division and the entire NFL, then go ahead and vent.

I now understand that you have to try and make rival fans feel as badly as you do. I'm worried about you and if I can keep you from slitting your wrists, I'll play along.

Ahem...

Oh my you are sooo knowledgable about professional football, and YES, you really picked a winner with the fish. They are totally better than their 1-15 record would indicate, I mean did ya see their stats? Some of the games last year were so close, the fish should have been 12-4 last year. I think the refs had it out for the fish last year.

I think Chad Pennington's superior arm strength will lead the way to the division title this season when the fish go 14-2 this year. I bet after the fish clinch a playoff berth they will sit Penny until the playoffs and BP, I mean Sporano *wink* will play "The Stormin' Mormon" John Beck so he can show Miami fans why Cam drafted him in the second round.

Now I have to be honest, as a Bills fan who had 7 times as many wins as the fish last year, I would just like to say I am in AWE of the stats the fish put up last year. Even if the Bills somehow eek out a win against the fish sometime this season it will seem pretty hollow if the Bills don't pimp their stats.

I think I'm gonna cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket.

Worst team in the division 3 of the past 4 years and worst team in the entire league just last year.

I understand now. If this is really what you need to do to cope with the fact that the fish are the worst team in the division and the entire NFL, then go ahead and vent.

I now understand that you have to try and make rival fans feel as badly as you do. I'm worried about you and if I can keep you from slitting your wrists, I'll play along.

Ahem...

Oh my you are sooo knowledgable about professional football, and YES, you really picked a winner with the fish. They are totally better than their 1-15 record would indicate, I mean did ya see their stats? Some of the games last year were so close, the fish should have been 12-4 last year. I think the refs had it out for the fish last year.

I think Chad Pennington's superior arm strength will lead the way to the division title this season when the fish go 14-2 this year. I bet after the fish clinch a playoff berth they will sit Penny until the playoffs and BP, I mean Sporano *wink* will play "The Stormin' Mormon" John Beck so he can show Miami fans why Cam drafted him in the second round.

Now I have to be honest, as a Bills fan who had 7 times as many wins as the fish last year, I would just like to say I am in AWE of the stats the fish put up last year. Even if the Bills somehow eek out a win against the fish sometime this season it will seem pretty hollow if the Bills don't pimp their stats.

I think I'm gonna cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket.

Couldn't all the same be said for Bills fans, desperate to cheer for a SB winniner just once in their lives? I guess when you never ever get to call your team the best, you'll take small little victories and treat them as if they were far more valuable then they really are. I get it, I understand now, Bill fans want to have something to take their minds of never winning anything worth while. So they take the little victories and covet them as their own little SB's. See we could be the Jets or Pats, Bill fans don't care. They just want to point fingers at someone else and distract attention from their own short comings.

It's understandable, when you get beat up as much as Bill fans have been beat up they tend to go overboard with any little glimmar of hope. Still in the end it's just just a 7-9 season proceeding more 7-9 and 6-10, no playoffs seasons that seem to just go on forever for the Bills and their fans. So enjoy that little bit of joy you seem to find in celebarting a losing 7-9 season as if it was actually a good season. Cause it's still just another losing season for Bill fans. This is by no means smack, it's the harsh reality of being the fan of a team that has had the least amount of success in the division and the fans that refuse to accept it.

Back
Top Bottom