Build around Fitzpatrick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build around Fitzpatrick

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Not for the long term of course, but he's a hell of a stopgap. I don't know any fans here who want Herbert. Fromm's stock plummeted. That leaves Tua when it comes to first round considerations at QB.

A few things about Tua's injury.

On draft day, the Dolphins and other teams will know more about Tua's medical report. We won't. We'll hear about sources, but it'll be conflicting and we won't know who to trust. Even with all the information in your hands, it's still a huge risk considering he could develop arthritis, he could suffer setbacks in recovery, etc.

On the other hand, do you really want to experience the pain of passing on a 2nd injured QB who could end up being an All-Pro? It's a tough decision.

Analysts point towards the 2021 draft, with the Clemson and Ohio State QBs being available then. Yes, I know. Things change. Everyone said this class would be great. Now Herbert's stock seems to be down and Tua needs oil for his hip.

Fortunately, if they opted to look for their guy next year, I'm sure they'd still draft a QB after round 1 to develop.

I could stomach a first round like this if they don't go for Tua @ 5:

#5 - Isaiah Simmons
#18 - K'Lavon Chaisson
#2? - Creed Humphrey

Grab a tackle and RB in round 2, and the team could be much better. Fitz has been keeping us in games all season. He'll be better with more talent.

They still have plenty ammunition to move up and get a guy next year if it came down to it. Teams always want to trade up. They could trade a 2nd this year for a 1st next year and we'll end up with 3 first round picks. That plus more picks and/or a player is enough to trade up to the top 5.

yeah, Fitz is 37 I think. He has plenty left obviously, id say another 3-4 good years. We shouldnt be in any rush to find our QB. We still have Rosen grooming (laugh out loud), and you just never know what happens with him.

Not a terrible idea though I still see a QB being drafted in the 1st round. Having him teach a young QB with no pressure to start them you can allow them to develop and keep adding guys to make this a playoff/championship roster. Handing over a talented roster who has been under the same system for multiple years makes for far greater success for a young QB. So keeping him as a groomer and caretaker is not a bad idea.

But, what does 1st round QB mean? With this staff I literally have no idea. If next year is a true development “redshirt” year that opens a large number of options. I personally like Tua because he has the greatest upside if anyone but if we got Love as 2a (won’t drop this late) and added 3 studs with the first round can you call it a loss? I know some will but give me the cloak and tattoo to the Flores convent because I’m a believer lol

Not a terrible idea though I still see a QB being drafted in the 1st round. Having him teach a young QB with no pressure to start them you can allow them to develop and keep adding guys to make this a playoff/championship roster. Handing over a talented roster who has been under the same system for multiple years makes for far greater success for a young QB. So keeping him as a groomer and caretaker is not a bad idea.

But, what does 1st round QB mean? With this staff I literally have no idea. If next year is a true development “redshirt” year that opens a large number of options. I personally like Tua because he has the greatest upside if anyone but if we got Love as 2a (won’t drop this late) and added 3 studs with the first round can you call it a loss? I know some will but give me the cloak and tattoo to the Flores convent because I’m a believer lol

I think Fitz and Rosen give you a perferct look into the type of QB this team wants.

Fitz is outgoing and clearly has the ability to create when things break down.
Rosen apparantely is more antisocial and needs everything to go right in order to consistently succeed.

Now ask yourself which QBs fit more the Fitz characteristics?
Which fits more the Rosen characteristics?

IMO,

Tua/Love = Fitz
Herbert = Rosen

Not for the long term of course, but he's a hell of a stopgap. I don't know any fans here who want Herbert. Fromm's stock plummeted. That leaves Tua when it comes to first round considerations at QB.

A few things about Tua's injury.

On draft day, the Dolphins and other teams will know more about Tua's medical report. We won't. We'll hear about sources, but it'll be conflicting and we won't know who to trust. Even with all the information in your hands, it's still a huge risk considering he could develop arthritis, he could suffer setbacks in recovery, etc.

On the other hand, do you really want to experience the pain of passing on a 2nd injured QB who could end up being an All-Pro? It's a tough decision.

Analysts point towards the 2021 draft, with the Clemson and Ohio State QBs being available then. Yes, I know. Things change. Everyone said this class would be great. Now Herbert's stock seems to be down and Tua needs oil for his hip.

Fortunately, if they opted to look for their guy next year, I'm sure they'd still draft a QB after round 1 to develop.

I could stomach a first round like this if they don't go for Tua @ 5:

#5 - Isaiah Simmons
#18 - K'Lavon Chaisson
#2? - Creed Humphrey

Grab a tackle and RB in round 2, and the team could be much better. Fitz has been keeping us in games all season. He'll be better with more talent.

They still have plenty ammunition to move up and get a guy next year if it came down to it. Teams always want to trade up. They could trade a 2nd this year for a 1st next year and we'll end up with 3 first round picks. That plus more picks and/or a player is enough to trade up to the top 5.
Rational, thoughtful posts like this may get you a visit from the Grand High Tuaist of the Cult for a reeducation session!

I'd like that first round although I would not mind moving back in the first with one of the picks if the return was good enough

I think Fitz and Rosen give you a perferct look into the type of QB this team wants.

Fitz is outgoing and clearly has the ability to create when things break down.
Rosen apparantely is more antisocial and needs everything to go right in order to consistently succeed.

Now ask yourself which QBs fit more the Fitz characteristics?
Which fits more the Rosen characteristics?

IMO,

Tua/Love = Fitz
Herbert = Rosen

They want a smart guy with some wiggle and can work in the chaos you are right.

I am not finding it difficult to see the TYPE of guy they need but more of when they will take a guy or where they value the positions as a whole.

I don’t feel like there has been much of a tell by the FO. They did go to the LSU v Bama game but that had like 15 guys to evaluate.

Rational, thoughtful posts like this may get you a visit from the Grand High Tuaist of the Cult for a reeducation session!

I'd like that first round although I would not mind moving back in the first with one of the picks if the return was good enough

I thought we were in a safe space. What are you saying? You're a snitch?

They want a smart guy with some wiggle and can work in the chaos you are right.

I am not finding it difficult to see the TYPE of guy they need but more of when they will take a guy or where they value the positions as a whole.

I don’t feel like there has been much of a tell by the FO. They did go to the LSU v Bama game but that had like 15 guys to evaluate.

Hopefully, with increase investment in the big uglies up front it won't be that chaotic going forward.
So a guy that's smart with decision making becomes more of a priority than a guy that can "create"

Honestly, when you put it all on paper, Tua jsut screams take me for this FO.

Who knows what going to happen with that kid.

While I never wanted the Dolphins to tank the season for Tua or any other player. I do believe that if Tua is cleared medically to play football and he opts to enter the draft the Dolphins will draft him at #5.
I think they will let him sit and learn during the 2020 season while continuing to let his hip completely heal.

Personally I would rather see them upgrade the OL and the DE position position in the first round of the draft because I am wary of all the injuries Tua has had in the last two years but I just think it will be difficult
for Grier to pass on Tua if he is there at #5.

I think it will be Fitzpatrick and Rosen next year with Tua as the third QB if they want to give him the entire year to heal his hip. If the hip is fully healed and he is ready to play next season, either Fitzpatrick or Rosen will not be on the team IMO.

They definitely need to bring Fitz back next year. Rosen too but as backup. I’m thinking that they will draft Tua and have him set for at least a year.

To be honest, I feel as if Miami holds the whole league by the balls with the draft. They are a total wildcard, I feel like if you look at the board right now it falls like this....

Bengals - Burrow unless Brown wants to screw that up too

Skins - Young seems like a lock

Lions - Brown or Ohkuda seem like heavy favorites

Giants - Thomas or Ohkuda

Dolphins- could be...Tua, Ohkuda, Simmons, Thomas if there, Espensa, Jeudy, maybe Brown or trade down

I mean that will drive us all crazy till the day of.

Last edited:
They definitely need to bring Fitz back next year. Rosen too but as backup. I’m thinking that they will draft Tua and have him set for at least a year.

I think it's all but guaranteed that they intend to bring Fitz back.
Of course, it's going to be up to Fitz if he wants to continue playing.
Considering how he played and seemingly being in good health I don't know why he wouldn't come back.
Not to mention he has what...7 kids to feed?

If we don't get a qb at 1(a), I could not agree any more with Simmons as our first pick. He would be absolutely devastating in this defense.

I
While I never wanted the Dolphins to tank the season for Tua or any other player. I do believe that if Tua is cleared medically to play football and he opts to enter the draft the Dolphins will draft him at #5.
I think they will let him sit and learn during the 2020 season while continuing to let his hip completely heal.

Personally I would rather see them upgrade the OL and the DE position position in the first round of the draft because I am wary of all the injuries Tua has had in the last two years but I just think it will be difficult
for Grier to pass on Tua if he is there at #5.

I think it will be Fitzpatrick and Rosen next year with Tua as the third QB if they want to give him the entire year to heal his hip. If the hip is fully healed and he is ready to play next season, either Fitzpatrick or Rosen will not be on the team IMO.

If they draft Tua look for the Mahomes treatment where they sit him and maybe allow him to play in the last game or two just to get a feel for the speed of the game.

While he sits the roster will be bulked up through 2 FA periods and 2 drafts

Back
Top Bottom