Build around Fitzpatrick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build around Fitzpatrick

yeah, Fitz is 37 I think. He has plenty left obviously, id say another 3-4 good years. We shouldnt be in any rush to find our QB. We still have Rosen grooming (laugh out loud), and you just never know what happens with him.

3-4 good years?

Are they sure he's going to be there at #5?
IMO, if they have that kind of conviction on him then don't risk it.
Trade up to #2, assuming Bengals go Burrow!

It's likely going to cost you one of those 1st rounders.
But if he's your guy then you don't mess around and hope nothing crazy happens before your pick at 5.
Bengals are going Burrow, Redskins will probably go Chase Young, then you look at the Giants and Detroit and neither will take a QB. I'd be worried about Detroit except that staff is getting another season to prove something so they will in no way take a QB that has to sit a year, especially when Stafford was playing really well for them earlier in the season. They need an impact player to help save their jobs.

I think the only way we don't end up with Tua at #5 is if someone trades up above us, but I'm sure we'll let those teams know to not agree to any trades without talking to us first so that we can beat it.

@Ray R
:cool:

Whenever you're ready to arm wrestle, do push ups..whatever...let me know!
Clearly, the post wasn't meant to be this extensive list of traits but a quick rule of thumb.

Yeah, as I reviewed my post I could see I may have been getting a little overstated about personalities.

That aside, I think the most meaningful comparison of QB's on the same team is watching how well the offense plays (knowing their positions & responsibilities) when the two QB's are playing. I'm not going to worry about the development of timing with receivers. This is difficult and complex in terms of how the two positions relate to each other. It takes a long time before the timing is effective when there is a good defense. I'll worry about that after one of the QB's becomes the starter; then look for development in that area.

I'm better at eating competitions if we need to face off. That way, even if I lose, I win!

While I never wanted the Dolphins to tank the season for Tua or any other player. I do believe that if Tua is cleared medically to play football and he opts to enter the draft the Dolphins will draft him at #5.
I think they will let him sit and learn during the 2020 season while continuing to let his hip completely heal.

Personally I would rather see them upgrade the OL and the DE position position in the first round of the draft because I am wary of all the injuries Tua has had in the last two years but I just think it will be difficult
for Grier to pass on Tua if he is there at #5.

I think it will be Fitzpatrick and Rosen next year with Tua as the third QB if they want to give him the entire year to heal his hip. If the hip is fully healed and he is ready to play next season, either Fitzpatrick or Rosen will not be on the team IMO.

I think a number of people worry evry game about the bad Fitz. Backup is a good spot. That said, everyone knows rookie QBs cost a few games

Not for the long term of course, but he's a hell of a stopgap. I don't know any fans here who want Herbert. Fromm's stock plummeted. That leaves Tua when it comes to first round considerations at QB.

A few things about Tua's injury.

On draft day, the Dolphins and other teams will know more about Tua's medical report. We won't. We'll hear about sources, but it'll be conflicting and we won't know who to trust. Even with all the information in your hands, it's still a huge risk considering he could develop arthritis, he could suffer setbacks in recovery, etc.

On the other hand, do you really want to experience the pain of passing on a 2nd injured QB who could end up being an All-Pro? It's a tough decision.

Analysts point towards the 2021 draft, with the Clemson and Ohio State QBs being available then. Yes, I know. Things change. Everyone said this class would be great. Now Herbert's stock seems to be down and Tua needs oil for his hip.

Fortunately, if they opted to look for their guy next year, I'm sure they'd still draft a QB after round 1 to develop.

I could stomach a first round like this if they don't go for Tua @ 5:

#5 - Isaiah Simmons
#18 - K'Lavon Chaisson
#2? - Creed Humphrey

Grab a tackle and RB in round 2, and the team could be much better. Fitz has been keeping us in games all season. He'll be better with more talent.

They still have plenty ammunition to move up and get a guy next year if it came down to it. Teams always want to trade up. They could trade a 2nd this year for a 1st next year and we'll end up with 3 first round picks. That plus more picks and/or a player is enough to trade up to the top 5.

Dude, no one is building around Fitz. He’s probably got a year left and we’re building for the future. He won’t be here by the time we make a playoff run. If he’s the QB next year then fine but I’m not building a team with him in mind. That would be the most laughable strategy I’ve ever heard

I think Fitz should start next year, regardless of who/if we draft at QB. Even if Tua was healthy or we end up drafting Herbert (I don't think any other QB's are on our radar).

Fitz is helping Chad O'Shea install an offense, and its a complicated one. He's also helping Brian Flores install a system and culture. The emergence of players like Devante Parker and Mike Gesicki can be credited to Fitz and O'Shea. The Death Star is only half-built - let's keep Fitz for another year and finish the job.

Careful drinking that Fitz kool-aid. While he's had a really good year, how many times has he given that same kool-aid to other teams, got them to buy in, then introduced them to Mr. Fitztragic?

He's nice to have around and can be serviceable in a pinch, but hitching your wagon to him is asking for trouble.

Careful drinking that Fitz kool-aid. While he's had a really good year, how many times has he given that same kool-aid to other teams, got them to buy in, then introduced them to Mr. Fitztragic?

He's nice to have around and can be serviceable in a pinch, but hitching your wagon to him is asking for trouble.

We were waiting for that game all year.

Back
Top Bottom