Building on Strengths not Focusing in weaknesses | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building on Strengths not Focusing in weaknesses

Recently the Lions have been almost spot-on with their draft picks. Then in contrast you have a team like the Bills which have stunk up the draft, but found the right players to fit their system well and gap-filled their weaknesses. There certainly is no formula to success except for hitting on the right players that fit into the team's scheme at the right time. That is one of the main reasons the Dolphins are where they are. There have been so many moments in recent Dolphins history where you just end up facepalming when they pick someone up and the majority of fans try to justify the acquisitions.

The Dolphins have kind of tried working on their strengths, but seem to fall flat on their face every time they do and then another weakness comes up. I think it has a huge part to do with how this coaching decides to use players. A lot of people thought this defense was going to be dominant and they failed to address the DB situation. When our DB's got injured there was no one that could step up (except for Jimmy Wilson). We force a "natural" SS to play FS in Jones. We make Bush an in between the tackles back. We put Nolan Carol in any game to cover other team's #1's.

We have some strengths but don't utilize them the right way. I hate how this coaching staff tries to cram triangular pieces into circular holes.

Not to be negative, but this team really has no strengths. I was hoping this team's strength would be the D, but honestly thats our biggest weakness as of late. We cant seem to get any pressure on the QB, stop the run, LBs cant cover anyone, DBs injured or getting beat for big plays and TDs all the time, and terrible tackling. Our Dline was supposed to be the strength of this team since we have the most depth and an array of big strong good players. Our oline is just as bad and can not give any QB sufficient time, nor block or create holes for our RBs. Our RB Bush is being misused and thus making him and our Oline look worst then they are, and we have no QB. Our WRs arent terrible, but Marshall our #1 is dropping too many passes, and our TEs suck. They are good for blocking, but will never stretch the field or make any D worry about Fasano, who is as slow as V. Carey.

Back
Top Bottom