Bullygate - Tempest in a teapot or major ****storm brewing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bullygate - Tempest in a teapot or major ****storm brewing?

Pelorus Jack

Active Roster
Reaction score
As we all know, this issue has yet to be resolved and may end up being nothing or the NFL could come down hard if the evidence supports doing so.

Ross does not appear to be one that is swayed by public opinion and so his decision to terminate Ireland is interesting. This yet unresolved bullygate issue could still be part of the reason that Ross terminated Ireland. It might even be why some of the GM prospects opted out of being interviewed as perhaps the report was leaked to team owners and they quietly passed that information on.

The best the Dolphins can now hope for is that the report is non-incriminating and the issue dismissed or if any punishment is handed out it is of a verbal warning and don't do it again type.

This team certainly doesn't need any more negative publicity or any punitive measures that will hinder the already very daunting task of rebuilding its reputation and all the hard work required to rebuild the Dolphins back into a playoff caliber team that fans can once again be proud to support.

We can say what we want about Philbin, Lazor, Hickey, Aponte and Ross but they are all going to be here for the upcoming year so although I have been critical of both Philbin and Ross we all here want them to be successful (except NYJUNC of course).

Overall, we sure do have the makings for a very entertaining off-season to say the least..

I hope Joe DID order the Code Red….even though I do not think he did.

BTW, the offseason Fins' news is just getting started. We are in the news for a few days in February. Martin will be on Piers Morgan crying his eyes out. Some players will be in the report we did not know. Coaches will be talking. Player will be talking.

This is going to be a wild ride in the offseason.

It might even be why some of the GM prospects opted out of being interviewed as perhaps the report was leaked to team owners and they quietly passed that information on.

A leak of that size would be almost impossible to contain.

I hope Joe DID order the Code Red….even though I do not think he did.

BTW, the offseason Fins' news is just getting started. We are in the news for a few days in February. Martin will be on Piers Morgan crying his eyes out. Some players will be in the report we did not know. Coaches will be talking. Player will be talking.

This is going to be a wild ride in the offseason.

Was thinking earlier after the GM announcment maybe the organization could stay out of the news for a while and then I remembered the long awaited report. So do we know when the long awaited manifesto will come out? Figured right after the Super Bowl, surely enough billable hours have been achieved at this point no?

jonathan martin was seen with 2 strippers in hand.

if the league comes down hard, Richard Sherman should be suspended indefinitely. talk about bullying on live tv.

Was thinking earlier after the GM announcment maybe the organization could stay out of the news for a while and then I remembered the long awaited report. So do we know when the long awaited manifesto will come out? Figured right after the Super Bowl, surely enough billable hours have been achieved at this point no?

I would be shocked if the team knew what was in there. I am sure the team vetted what they could.

At this point the fans don't deserve any more disappointment. I don't think the report is going to show anything incriminating, but with the Dolphins luck it probably will. I just hope Goodell doesn't try and make an example out of Miami and strip us of draft picks.

At this point the fans don't deserve any more disappointment. I don't think the report is going to show anything incriminating, but with the Dolphins luck it probably will. I just hope Goodell doesn't try and make an example out of Miami and strip us of draft picks.

I tend to think that if anything else especially juicy was found in the investigation, it would have leaked somehow by now.

But I mean we are the Dolphins, so who knows.

I tend to think that if anything else especially juicy was found in the investigation, it would have leaked somehow by now.

That is probably true. Only real thing that has come out this past month was the pictures of Martin at the strip club. NFL might be trying to sweep this under the rug after the Super Bowl.

Your logic is good but there is probably a lot more on how Incognito physically beat up Martin. This is probably the stuff that Martin prefers not to surface.
I'm still of the belief that Jake Long knows how big a sociopath Richie is and he knew some of the stuff that he did to intimidate Jonathan. For close to similar money Big Jake left the zero tax free status of Florida, the good weather, his business mentor in Stephen Ross (a fellow Michigan alum who donated over $200M to the university), his wife's friends (including Lauren Tannehill), his teammates, etc to go to St Louis, Missouri. It doesn't make sense. I'm sure that Jake knew there were issues and it was easier just to walk.

Your logic is good but there is probably a lot more on how Incognito physically beat up Martin. This is probably the stuff that Martin prefers not to surface.
I'm still of the belief that Jake Long knows how big a sociopath Richie is and he knew some of the stuff that he did to intimidate Jonathan. For close to similar money Big Jake left the zero tax free status of Florida, the good weather, his business mentor in Stephen Ross (a fellow Michigan alum who donated over $200M to the university), his wife's friends (including Lauren Tannehill), his teammates, etc to go to St Louis, Missouri. It doesn't make sense. I'm sure that Jake knew there were issues and it was easier just to walk.

I think more likely they offered him more money than Miami to go play with a veteran-friendly coach in a scheme where he'd be a better fit.

That is my worry also

Back
Top Bottom