bumped out of sunday night game a blessing in disguise | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bumped out of sunday night game a blessing in disguise

zor

Rookie
Reaction score
not saying it will help THAT MUCH but it is nice to know the patriots will get even less recovery time in their short week (after playing saints on a monday night).

let's hope the dolphins have an injury free game agains the bills and that the game isn't too physical. let's hope that the patriots have a VERY physical game against the saints.

zor

i, for one, am glad they moved the game to an earlier slot.

hey, get NFL sunday ticket in HD....you won't miss ANY game!

A slight advantage. But it's minor.

Lets hope the Patriots will party themselves out in New Orleans and Miami and come out dead that early Sunday afternoon.

You're reaching. Do you really think that 7 hours is going to make that much difference in the Pats rest? The only thing it may push in our favor is that it will be warmer.

I still don't get it though i mean whats more tempting to watch:

Vikings - Who'll be 10-1 after they beat the Bears
@ Cardinals - Who could very well lose to the Titans this weekend and be 7-4, especially if Warner is still hurt and misses the game and or the next several games if he isn't ready to go or takes another big hit. Meaning this game really doesn't have any significant impact on the standings except maybe clinching a first round bye for Minnesota.

OR

Patriots - Who possibly will lose to the 10-0 Saints next week dropping to 7-4
@ Miami - Their traditional divisional rivals who should knock off the Bills to improve to 6-5 thus making this game for FIRST place in the division.

Take the players for both teams out of the equation for a second. Yes Peterson is great yes Favre is a legend but in terms of game impact......why this?

You're reaching. Do you really think that 7 hours is going to make that much difference in the Pats rest? The only thing it may push in our favor is that it will be warmer.

you know what? it's an accumulation of little things that make a difference... 7 hours IS a lot of time...it's 7 hours less preparation time, 7 hours less recovery time, 7 hours earlier in warmer weather......

the night game is only really to please the viewer...the night game won't help the dolphins.

you know what? it's an accumulation of little things that make a difference... 7 hours IS a lot of time...it's 7 hours less preparation time, 7 hours less recovery time, 7 hours earlier in warmer weather......

the night game is only really to please the viewer...the night game won't help the dolphins.

It probably means a louder more energetic crowd. I'm not sure November Miami weather is going to do that much damage on the Patriots, but it might do something.....

I still don't get it though i mean whats more tempting to watch:

Vikings - Who'll be 10-1 after they beat the Bears
@ Cardinals - Who could very well lose to the Titans this weekend and be 7-4, especially if Warner is still hurt and misses the game and or the next several games if he isn't ready to go or takes another big hit. Meaning this game really doesn't have any significant impact on the standings except maybe clinching a first round bye for Minnesota.

OR

Patriots - Who possibly will lose to the 10-0 Saints next week dropping to 7-4
@ Miami - Their traditional divisional rivals who should knock off the Bills to improve to 6-5 thus making this game for FIRST place in the division.

Take the players for both teams out of the equation for a second. Yes Peterson is great yes Favre is a legend but in terms of game impact......why this?

one is a defending superbowl team, the other has favre in his prime. talented players. favre vs warner. it is a good game.

miami vs patriots in a POTENTIAL game for 1st place in their division is a great game for AFC East fans....not for NFL fans. miami is still not considered a really good team...the patriots have been accussed of fading... generally speaking the miami-n.e. game is not as appealing

one is a defending superbowl team, the other has favre in his prime. talented players. favre vs warner. it is a good game.

miami vs patriots in a POTENTIAL game for 1st place in their division is a great game for AFC East fans....not for NFL fans. miami is still not considered a really good team...the patriots have been accussed of fading... generally speaking the miami-n.e. game is not as appealing

Well i can't imagine an "NFL fan" wouldn't want to see a battle for first place in the division over a battle for.....nothing.

Another thing is i really don't think Vikings-Cardinals is going to be a good game, the Vikings are a far superior team. I understand both teams have marquee players and thats what makes it watchable, but the Cardinals aren't impressive. They're going to lose fairly easily to the Vikings. So with nothing on the line who cares?

When they are already getting one less day of practice that 7 hours would probably be time they would use for an extended walk through so yeah it could help, plus this will be back to back road games for them.

I'll take any little edge we can get and the Fin players know it isn't because of the Pats this game got moved and will get an even bigger chip on their shoulder.

I don't think it will matter. But I will say that it has seemed to me that Ted Ginn loses the ball in the air more when it's night time than when it's day time. Then again he pretty much loses the ball in the air at any hour.

The prime time crowd would have been a big boost to the home team though. We'll just have to make sure the 1pm crowd is just as loud.

You could look at it as an advantage to the Patriots because now they don't have to basically defend their division in front of a national audience. Less pressure.

Back
Top Bottom