bumped out of sunday night game a blessing in disguise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bumped out of sunday night game a blessing in disguise

I don't think it will matter. But I will say that it has seemed to me that Ted Ginn loses the ball in the air more when it's night time than when it's day time. Then again he pretty much loses the ball in the air at any hour.

The prime time crowd would have been a big boost to the home team though. We'll just have to make sure the 1pm crowd is just as loud.

come on, we all know..........miami fans are fickle....give us a lead and we're on fire.... get us behind in the score and we're pretty ****ty fans.

the night crowd vs day crowd argument doesn't hold any water for me....energetic fans are energetic day or night. give them a reason to cheer and they will.

zor

You could look at it as an advantage to the Patriots because now they don't have to basically defend their division in front of a national audience. Less pressure.

Yeah because after 4 super bowls I'm sure they would crumble under the pressure of a Sunday nighter? :crazy:

Ummm... Isn't it our division to defend?? Last time I checked, we are the defending AFC East champions!!

Being ahead in the standings it would be defending their division, yes. A loss would give control of the division to the Dolphins. I'm not sure the Patriots want to risk playing the Dolphins on a Sunday night game on the road with that on the line.

They did in Indy.

with all due respect to the colts, the patriots had that game in the bag.

the patriots ALWAYS show up to play and NEVER break under pressure. i can't remember the last time the patriots were clearly just BLOWN away.

oh wait, last year against miami :)

zor

Maybe some idot Pat fans will have scheduled their flight for late afternoon and theyll miss the game.

the patriots ALWAYS show up to play and NEVER break under pressure. i can't remember the last time the patriots were clearly just BLOWN away.

zor

I'm not saying there likely to be blown away. But you can't tell me the Patriots would rather defend their division lead on primetime on the road against a team that would obviously be very charged up in that scenario.

come on, we all know..........miami fans are fickle....give us a lead and we're on fire.... get us behind in the score and we're pretty ****ty fans.

the night crowd vs day crowd argument doesn't hold any water for me....energetic fans are energetic day or night. give them a reason to cheer and they will.

zor

Disagree about the night crowd vs day crowd, i think its a factor. And its not just a factor with the dolphins, its any team. Watch any sunday nite or monday nite crowd at the opening kickoff, usually the crowd is in a frenzy. Watch any sunday 1pm start at kickoff and the crowd is loud but not as crazy as a prime time crowd. We had tremendous crowds for our 2 monday games this season, it wont be the same for sunday at 1.

zor

Hmmm. wonder when was the last time they were shutout? Oh yea, 3 years ago in Miami in a 1:00 game. ;)

i, for one, am glad they moved the game to an earlier slot.

hey, get NFL sunday ticket in HD....you won't miss ANY game!

Better yet find a bar with NFL Sunday Ticket and icy cold beers with a hot little bartender to flirt with and you will never miss a game without beer and good scenery!

one is a defending superbowl team, the other has favre in his prime. talented players. favre vs warner. it is a good game.

miami vs patriots in a POTENTIAL game for 1st place in their division is a great game for AFC East fans....not for NFL fans. miami is still not considered a really good team...the patriots have been accussed of fading... generally speaking the miami-n.e. game is not as appealing

We may not be elite, but we are still a good football team. Analysts and writers all over the place give the Dolphins alot of credit. By your logic only 4 or 5 teams should be playing in the Sunday night slot if only "really good teams" should be there.

The Eagles/Giants are coming up in a couple weeks. Those are two teams that will be battling for a WC position or possibly first place but aren't any better than "good" football teams. Chances that game gets flexed out? Probably none whatsoever.

I agree with SpaceM on this one....there was no need to flex out our game.

Back
Top Bottom