Bumphis Interview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bumphis Interview

It's unlikely that they keep 6 on the 53, but considering that 11 package could be well used, who knows.

But I certainly would like a packing of the following.

Wallace - Tyms
Gibson - Bumphis
Hartline - Matthews

That would be my 6 also if we keep that many.

So would I....I'd also like to see us quick snap and go fast tempo like the pats...if the nfl is gonna let the pats repeatedly snap the ball not even being set for a full second I want in on that action with Miami...

But I don't know if the staff feels like tannehill is quite ready yet to process all that info at the Los that fast paced yet...still would love to see it...kill teams with tempo the way the pats do

Big Style with the tempo - heck, they've talked about it enough, let's get it going. Add in Keller to the 11 package and Miller in the backfield and this, potentially, is a very dynamic, multi dimensional offense. Although I really would like RT to work on his release and his action/release point a bit more - next season perhaps.

For me the key on how many receivers we keep is going to be based on how many TE's / FB's we look to go after. As has been documented, GB once carried 5 TE's. This is somewhat possible for Miami this year with 5 coming from Keller, Clay, Sims, Egnew, Miller and... Rodriquez.

It will come down to one simple decision I believe... will they run more 12 because of protection needs [aka cover for Jon Martin] or 11 to be aggressive and get after it.

I really hope they go after the 11 and carry 6 Wides. Sherman, big boy... it's on you to be creative with the play calling to cover the protection, then it's on RT to deliver as they now have the talent around their QB.

It's unlikely that they keep 6 on the 53, but considering that 11 package could be well used, who knows.

But I certainly would like a packing of the following.

Wallace - Tyms
Gibson - Bumphis
Hartline - Matthews

Big Style with the tempo - heck, they've talked about it enough, let's get it going. Add in Keller to the 11 package and Miller in the backfield and this, potentially, is a very dynamic, multi dimensional offense. Although I really would like RT to work on his release and his action/release point a bit more - next season perhaps.

For me the key on how many receivers we keep is going to be based on how many TE's / FB's we look to go after. As has been documented, GB once carried 5 TE's. This is somewhat possible for Miami this year with 5 coming from Keller, Clay, Sims, Egnew, Miller and... Rodriquez.

It will come down to one simple decision I believe... will they run more 12 because of protection needs [aka cover for Jon Martin] or 11 to be aggressive and get after it.

I really hope they go after the 11 and carry 6 Wides. Sherman, big boy... it's on you to be creative with the play calling to cover the protection, then it's on RT to deliver as they now have the talent around their QB.

i bet we see a lot of 12 against teams with legitimate win pass rushers...I agree eliminate the fb...I would not keep Kyle miller

If they keep 4 tes I bet they only keep 5 wrs....I think it will be 9 spots total on the 53 between wr and hback tight end...egnew and tyms the ones at each position they will have tough decisions on

Rodriquez (or however its spelt) is an interesting player, much more athletic than Lane and seemed to play well for the bears... Could well make the team

Rodriquez (or however its spelt) is an interesting player, much more athletic than Lane and seemed to play well for the bears... Could well make the team

Oops on the spelling... should have been a g, not a q.

Agree, he is indeed interesting in as far as his athleticism and decent blocking skill, and I'm wondering, with his bump up to number 1 recently, is this not only a challenge and see how he reacts, but what he can bring to the offense scheme wise?

What I'd very much like to see happen is... and this is purely from increasing the dynamism of this offence...

You have Keller and Sims who can play the more traditional inline Y spot. With Clay and RodriGuez playing the hybrid H Back role. All 4 can split out, either in the slot or out wide. And this is where I'll put my old coaching hat on [where's WV where you need him] this would be a match up nightmare for teams... it's potentially the next evolution of the 2 TE formation the Pats have exploited recently and yes... I'd even consider a situational 14 Package and get crazy with creative shifts from tight alignments to split wide sets... force LB's out side the hashes to cover the likes of Keller/Clay etc.

The other one is Egnew, and as much as he gets bashed on here, for me, I'm trying to be patient in his development as some players do take a few years. Heck, look at Cameron Wake. This coaching staff like his talent and he is another match up challenge. Id like to see what he can do in the RZ, perhaps they are keeping that for the regular season, but there is a possibility they keep 5 TE type bods.

I for one am glad they didn't go with Vonta Leach... he would have have changed the dynamic of the offense and I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland wanted him but Philbin called it off because of the fit of player to scheme.

When it comes to numbers, it's anyones guess - but one interesting point of late has been the injury to Pat Devlin. It's been widely reported that Philbin is a fan of Devlin.. so, could he end up on the PUP/IR list [cant recall the right lists], and go with RT and Moore for the season... to allow an extra spot for TE or WR, while keeping Devlin in the fold for futher development/maturation.

Sherman commented that we've seen about 40% of the offense in preseason so far... I doubt we see more than 50% when it's all said and done.

So it's back to the reason why, when the had already resigned Hartline and then signed Wallace... they felt it important/need to sign Gibson... then went after Keller, but still further added to the TE spot by picking up Sims in the draft and bringing in Rodriguez. I'm real curious as to where they are going with this and I'd love to see a make up of the following for the 53.

QB x 2
OL x 9
WR x 6
TE x 5
RB x 4
= 26

3 for ST, leaves 24. Which could be made up of

DL = 9 [OV & Jordan can line up at Backer]
LB = 6
S = 4
CB = 5

slight tangent, my bad