Burgess & Walker Out, Mcfadden & Russell IN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burgess & Walker Out, Mcfadden & Russell IN

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Raiders coach Tom Cable said that Darren McFadden (turf toe) is "ready to go" and will play Sunday at Miami.
McFadden got rid of his protective boot last week and says he's running and cutting without pain. The rookie insists that his whole demeanor has changed and he's ready for whatever workload the coaches give him. Expect him to be worked back in slowly, but McFadden could be a fantasy factor late in the season.

JaMarcus Russell (knee) took most of the snaps in Thursday's practice and is likely to start Sunday at Miami.
Backup Andrew Walter was unable to practice due to a high ankle sprain while Russell showed noticeable improvement Thursday. Russell should be on fantasy benches this week even in two quarterback leagues.

Raiders DE Derrick Burgess (triceps strain) did not practice Thursday.
Burgess had practiced Wednesday, but he's far from football shape. The pass rusher is likely to miss his sixth straight game./QUOTE]

Javon Walker told reporters Thursday that he needs surgery to repair his injured ankle and that his season is over.
"I'm done for the season," he said. "They've got to put some screws in." The Raiders haven't commented. Arthroscopic surgery would usually put a player out 3-5 weeks, but it appears Walker is packing it in after a season that made it look like he'll never be a big NFL contributor again. Walker is due $9 million in 2009, including a $5 million roster bonus in the spring. Nothing can be ruled out with Al Davis, but it will be stunning if Walker gets that money.

http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx

I was hoping RunDMC was out, seems like we are gonna have to stop the run.

I agree we gotta stop the run first, but im glad Burgess is out:up:

Javon Walker has not been a factor since he was in G.B.
Being from the Bay I HATE THE RAIDERS
but at some point i start to feel just a lil bad for the guys

no matter whose playing, there's no excuse to lose this game.

Regardless whos in, we should be able to stomp all over the raiders. Offensively, I expect us to run it down their throats and on defense, our strength is stopping the run...I believe we will do that. Also, expect tons of sacks from our defense. Exterior lineman on the raiders olline are horrible.

Regardless whos in, we should be able to stomp all over the raiders. Offensively, I expect us to run it down their throats and on defense, our strength is stopping the run...I believe we will do that. Also, expect tons of sacks from our defense. Exterior lineman on the raiders olline are horrible.

if by "strength" you mean we don't suck quite as bad at that as we do at coverage, then sure.

I honstly think McFadden will be limeted(spelling) in this game but i think we will shut him down eather way

Good news/bad news situation definitely. I hate to see Darren McFadden out there, that's for sure. But playing without Derrick Burgess and Javon Walker is probably a good thing, especially Burgess. Jamarcus Russell is kind of neutral but there is the negative that it means that we won't be getting many interceptions.

This is going to be ALL about the running game. The Dolphins have to seriously man up, crash the lanes and gang tackle, they can't afford missed tackles in this game.

the raiders havent scored a td in 9 quarters, and they cant even win a game when the opposing qb has a 12.3 qb rating and commits 4 turnovers at home. if this game is within 10 pts id be shocked, we need a to get a laugher so the team can feel really confident going into next weeks game vs the pats.

Hopefully this game will not be close because Miami will get back to basics by just running the ball and stopping the run. But, that could lead to a relatively low scoring affair which might not be conducive for a 10.5 point spread...who knows.

They Will Be Prepared. Tony Will Have Them Motivated. If We Where Still Under Saban Or Cam I Would Say That This Would Be A Let Down Game. However I Hope That The Seahawks Proved That. We Will Be At Home And Parcells And Co. Have Them Really Thinking Playoffs!!!! Go Dolphins!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom