bush 2013! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bush 2013!

dolphinbryan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the dolphins must resign reggie even if it means putting the franchise tag on him...lamar miller is going to be a good running back maybe even great one day but not anytime soon reggie is a playmaker and jeff ireland talks about aquiring drafting playmakers on offense hey jeff you have one bigtime playmaker on the team already his name is reggie bush call the joe rose show on wqam or sid on 640am in miami and get out the word we want reggie bush in a dolphins uniform in 2013 thoughts?

plus he is a great leader in the locker room that's really important!

he needs to come cheap. he isnt worth what he wants. a big time playmaker is not someone with only 1 1000 yard season under their belt. yea he scored the most tds on a offense squad with no talent. but some of you have to get over the fact he wont be here

yes, resign him, but no to the franchise tag. He is not really worth top 5 RB money, but he is worth resigning.

I don't think they're going to franchise a RB that they won't even pay the 5-6 million a year he's seeking.

the dolphins must resign reggie even if it means putting the franchise tag on him...lamar miller is going to be a good running back maybe even great one day but not anytime soon reggie is a playmaker and jeff ireland talks about aquiring drafting playmakers on offense hey jeff you have one bigtime playmaker on the team already his name is reggie bush call the joe rose show on wqam or sid on 640am in miami and get out the word we want reggie bush in a dolphins uniform in 2013 thoughts?

Uhhhh no. I think letting Bush walk is actually a sign that Ireland finally gets it. Throw that money at WR's , TE's , CB's and DE's. You know, positions that matter in today's NFL.

If you have a running back that hits the hole with conviction, he'll hit 1200 yards behind a good line. A select few running backs can produce at a high level regardless of the talent at o-line and Bush is not one of them.

I'm in the camp to retain Bush for a fair price; don't low ball him but certainly don't overpay. I just don't have confidence in Thomas and Miller for a full season. Both have had injuries in their recent careers. I also don't have faith in Ireland bringing a great runningback by the draft. I would rather make due with Bush, Miller and Thomas vs Gray going into this season. Next year spend a higher draft choice for a runningback. Focus this year on CB, Wide outs, and DE. Playmakers!

The only reason I'd re-sign him is to use him more in the passing game, which this staff seems averse to doing for some reason. Not a fan of him as an all-around RB.

But the real issue is this: With the new CBA there's very little reason to sign and pay a decent veteran RB. Rookie contracts are a fraction of what they used to be. And this is compounded by the fact that rookies cannot re-negotiate within their rookie contract (see: Russell Wilson. Seattle has their franchise QB for $600,000 a year for 4 years and Wilson can't do anything about it. It's madness). The labor is just so cheap now, and we're talking about a position that's the most 'interchangeable' between players. Draft a RB.

Funnily enough, Reggie Bush not returning to the Dolphins is trending on Yahoo right now, for some reason.

If Miller is going to do anything much, it will be sooner rather that later. RBs don't take long to develop, they have it or they don't, usually.

If Miller is going to do anything much, it will be sooner rather that later. RBs don't take long to develop, they have it or they don't, usually.

Right, and since thomas "DON'T" have it and miller MAY not have it, we can't let Bush walk. Cut thomas and go after an Eddie Lacy type. Keep Bush as an all-purpose guy and QUIT TRYING TO MAKE HIM AN EVERY-DOWN BACK that he is NOT.

He had an awful year and isn't getting any younger. Why keep him? Even for free.

Back
Top Bottom