Bush and Thomas need to be on the field together | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush and Thomas need to be on the field together

Situational, it is a force. We have a whole new dynamic to the wildcat this year- speed. Not only can we do a sweep, but we can run a screen pass. Having DT fake give the sweep, act like he's going to run up the middle and then have the pursuit coming towards him, but then just a little dump off back to reggie now with an open field and marshall and fasano and pouncey leading the way. Heck, even a WR screen to marshall would be great. DT fakes to bush, marshall is blocking but then drops back for the pass, and then you have either fasano or a fully running bush crack down on the corner. Wildcat is not a gimmick, you could see the power it had by almost every team developing their own version of it. Goaline, wildcat should be one of the first formations we should be thinking about. Once again, I'm just wanting to see our players being utilized by their strengths, not weaknesses. You can't argue that Reggie Bush is better running straight up the middle than Reggie bush running the sweep out of the wildcat, sorry.

U act like teams cant throw screen passes to bush out of the normal formations. Do u think teams are just going to ignore Bush because we are ina wildcat. i would rather have a long term solution to having a winning team instead of trying to beat teams with a gimmick that has had diminishing returns. Yea lets kill momentum once again by pulling Henne out to run some more craptacular wildcat plays. 3 years later except for some minor occrances the wildcat has almost gone back to where it belongs. Im never in favor of having a teams defense know that they dont have to cover anybody deep more than one on one. I got an idea lets oytplan otgher teams and out execute other teams instead of limiting our passing options

Wildcat aside, I also think this is the best formation for them. you have draws up the middle, or screens to bush, or taking bush out wide. SO many options just out of that one formation its ridiculous.

u also make a liability possibly protecting the qb since neither back is a very good blocker

Situational, it is a force. We have a whole new dynamic to the wildcat this year- speed. Not only can we do a sweep, but we can run a screen pass. Having DT fake give the sweep, act like he's going to run up the middle and then have the pursuit coming towards him, but then just a little dump off back to reggie now with an open field and marshall and fasano and pouncey leading the way. Heck, even a WR screen to marshall would be great. DT fakes to bush, marshall is blocking but then drops back for the pass, and then you have either fasano or a fully running bush crack down on the corner. Wildcat is not a gimmick, you could see the power it had by almost every team developing their own version of it. Goaline, wildcat should be one of the first formations we should be thinking about. Once again, I'm just wanting to see our players being utilized by their strengths, not weaknesses. You can't argue that Reggie Bush is better running straight up the middle than Reggie bush running the sweep out of the wildcat, sorry.

we certainly have the guys to use it more effectively now. they planned on using it all along. dont kid yourself. ireland drafted thomas cause he loves him as a runner - but also because he has so much experience as a wildcat triggerman. it was the icing on the cake, and they planned to use him in this capacity all along, they just havent wanted to give the kid too much. u will see the wildcat this year and there will be some wrinkles.

but there is no reason why these guys cant be on the field together for 20 snaps a game. they are both very good catching the ball out of the backfield. no reason they cant design plays out of the proset for these guys. they are 2 of the 3 most dynamic players we have on offense. they need to be on the field at the same time.

i have a feeling the intended to limit bushes plays simply because he played 75 snaps the week before. knowing how sparano thinks - think about it like a pitcher on 3 days rest. they planned to hold him out a little bit for this game. not saying i agree with it.

Yea the wildcat is so awesome teams use it all the time in the nfl and its unstoppable. Thats sarcasm, wildcat is no more than a trick play now, teams have caught on how to defend it. Yea u have an extra blocker but they also can cheat some in pass defense because they know damn well that Danial Thomas cannot make the pases that an average or even below average nfl qb can make. At that time it did average that much per carry but after a while when teams worked against it, it wasnt even close to that successful. This is one of the main reasons we were 7-9 the past two years because instead of building an offense we focused on a gadget type play that basically gave teams a big loud signal that we were not throwing the ball downfield and because Freeman was a high school qb or even a college qb thats not going to make teams put more than one man on any receiver because they know he will not be as precise as a real nfl qb.

downer1jpgw240h224-1.jpg

we dont need the wildcat folks. Just look at the saints man, they have 3 great running backs, pierre, ingram, sproles and how do they use them? il tell you how, ingram and pierre up the middle, sproles gets passes on the edge towards the sidelines and also gets screen passes once in awhile. Thats how we need to do it also, thomas and johnson between the tackles, reggie gets his passes on the edge and screens when the defense dont expect it. With all this said though, if sparano keeps reggie on the side constantly like he did against the texans, he is really tearing this team apart man...

No to the Wildcat but yeah Bush needs to be on more even if he is just a decoy, I like Hartline but when thinking about it I'd swap the two more often than not as the 11th guy and do some stuff with Bush.

thats the difference between sean payton and sparano, payton knew how to use reggie, sparano after 2 games is still clueless..

Both in the backfield with either a TE or three WR. Then motion Bush outside-who's going to cover him? A linebacker? Will take that matchup all day. Or you spread the field for Thomas to run up the middle or you have a nickle corner on Bess-I like that one too.

You might see Bush and Thomas on the field at the same time but only when we get flagged for 12 in the huddle

Back
Top Bottom