Bushrod/Julius Thomas to IR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod/Julius Thomas to IR

Jermon Bushrod was OK in 2016. He was a huge upgrade over the guys we had been trotting out at RG previously. He's probably going to retire, and fans are probably not going to miss him, but I still appreciate that he was a helpful stopgap measure to end the Turnstile Twins' reign of terror. Best of luck with your next stop in life, Jermon.

Julius Thomas was signed to be an athletic mismatch weapon, and really just wasn't athletic enough anymore to really shine as one. I don't think it was lack of effort that hurt him, but just lack of explosiveness due to age. He might be back, but if he's not, I won't miss him.

In either case, I hope we get to see these two young guys on the field for at least a couple of series in the next two weeks. For Duarte, his practice squad eligibility is evaporating quickly. For Smith, I want to see him in live game action, because he showed well enough in the pre-season that I think he's starter quality.

Jermon Bushrod was OK in 2016. He was a huge upgrade over the guys we had been trotting out at RG previously. He's probably going to retire, and fans are probably not going to miss him, but I still appreciate that he was a helpful stopgap measure to end the Turnstile Twins' reign of terror. Best of luck with your next stop in life, Jermon.

Julius Thomas was signed to be an athletic mismatch weapon, and really just wasn't athletic enough anymore to really shine as one. I don't think it was lack of effort that hurt him, but just lack of explosiveness due to age. He might be back, but if he's not, I won't miss him.

In either case, I hope we get to see these two young guys on the field for at least a couple of series in the next two weeks. For Duarte, his practice squad eligibility is evaporating quickly. For Smith, I want to see him in live game action, because he showed well enough in the pre-season that I think he's starter quality.

I'd still like to know why JT was deemed better than Gray. I guess now we'll find out. And I'd like to see Duarte show his potential.

Julius Thomas is a much more polished route runner, for one thing.

I can agree, but 'route running,' by itself, does not make one a starter. From the little I've seen this year, Gray is a better blocker (obviously), faster, and similar hands. But, maybe you're right.

Would like to see Smith out there but he'll probably be inactive....:(
As far as Thomas, I'm just hoping we draft a TE at last that can at least help in the passing game

Ozzy rules!!

Bushrod and Thomas were 2 of the worst offensive players (besides Cutler) this year. Both should consider retirement.

Probably the last we see of either.

Though I was stunned Bushrod got a second season, so I suppose you never know for sure

from rotoworld

6598.jpg

Dolphins place TE Julius Thomas on injured reserve with a foot injury, ending his season.

Acquired from the Jaguars in a salary dump by Jacksonville in the spring, Thomas was a huge flop in Miami. A summer hype-piece All Star via the Miami media, Thomas caught 41 passes for 388 yards and three touchdowns after multiple members of the media had been guaranteeing Thomas double-digit touchdowns and fantasy superstar status in training camp. Thomas is just about done and will be 30 next summer. He's a lock to be released by the Dolphins after the season.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom