Bushrod/Julius Thomas to IR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod/Julius Thomas to IR

Bye Thomas! Never again please.

I'm all for spending a very high draft pick on a potential elite pass catching TE.

Probably the last we see of either.

Though I was stunned Bushrod got a second season, so I suppose you never know for sure

Not a chance either is on the team.

Bushrod will retire and Thomas will be released. It's a lock.

I'd use a 2nd round pick on him

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Oklahoma_logo.gif

Oklahoma_logo.gif
Mark Andrews*, TE, Oklahoma
Height: 6-5. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
Projected Round (2018): 2-3.

12/2/17: Andrews has caught 51 passes for 848 yards and six touchdowns this season. He has played well for Oklahoma. Andrews is a good athlete with quickness and is a dangerous receiver down the seam.

7/17/17: Scouts who have done advance work on the 2018 NFL Draft class have Andrews among their top tight end prospects. Last season, he totaled 31 receptions for 489 yards and seven touchdowns. Andrews has good size with quickness and athletic ability. He is a dangerous red-zone threat for Oklahoma and also has his share of long touchdown receptions. He totaled 19 catches for 318 yards and seven touchdowns as a freshman.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018TE.php#4Y8A1QrhBOBvw0KZ.99

Ozzy rules!!

here's another one that could be there in the 3rd round?

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/PennState_logo.gif

PennState_logo.gif
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 252.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
Projected Round (2018): 2-4.

12/2/17: Gesicki has totaled 51 receptions for 501 yards and nine touchdowns this season. He has played well was a receiver and a blocker for Penn State.

7/17/17: Gesicki turned in an impressive 2016 season with 48 receptions for 679 yards and five touchdowns. It was a huge increase in production over his sophomore and freshman years, when he was a backup.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018TE.php#4Y8A1QrhBOBvw0KZ.99

Ozzy rules!!

Dallas Goedert is a small school TE that I'm interested in. He's been invited to the Senior Bowl so I'll be very interested to see how he does against better competition and I'll be very interested to see how he runs at the combine. He's absolutely dominated at his level of competition.

This is the straw that breaks the camels back. What are we going to do without our bonafide seam threat TE? Now I don't see us winning in KC.

I have waited nearly two years to see Duarte get some reps.

I have a sneaky feeling he will make a catch or two that will have people saying "why hasn't this kid played sooner".

I mean he can't be worse than Thomas as a blocker, especially if he puts effort into it . . . Which Thomas does not.

Bushrod I have no ill words for. Took a step back in play this year but he has been all class. I think he hangs them up.

Having a good to great TE is something Miami really needs. Yes the NFL doesn’t have a ton of great TEs but who cares?

Thomas was tied for 17th in catches, 20th in yards, and tied with 9 other guys in TDs (18th overall). None of those are horrible but having better would help.

I have a sneaky feeling he will make a catch or two that will have people saying "why hasn't this kid played sooner".

I mean he can't be worse than Thomas as a blocker, especially if he puts effort into it . . . Which Thomas does not.

Bushrod I have no ill words for. Took a step back in play this year but he has been all class. I think he hangs them up.

I'm very curious to see if Duarte gets some reps, but from what limited scuttlebutt is available, it sounds like he isn't really the mismatch weapon they had hoped for.

I feel like maybe he has hung on for so long just because learning the offense is difficult and they are actually using the practice squad as a reserve pool more than anything.

I feel at this point the TE that we all would like to have is not on the roster at this point. I don't believe this kid will do much and I feel is time for the FO to draft one high. They have neglected the position just as much as LB and guard for way too long.

Ozzy rules!!

We haven't had a tight end like Duarte in a while...narrow and strictly a clever small window receiving threat, not a blocker at all.

I liked him at UCLA and thought Gase could make use of him, especially in the red zone.

But for whatever reason Gase seems reluctant to sample these special skillset types. Grant doesn't get the snaps he deserves. That Canes receiver they cut recently had jump ball skills.

Shula was the best coach we had at that type of thing. He sensibly substituted Morris for Kiick or the other way around, likewise Fleming and Mandich, Briscoe and Twilley, and so forth.

As others have posted, Bushrod was a needed upgrade last season. He'll be forgotten but served a purpose short term.

Thomas is one of those odd examples in which body shape and athletic ability shifted to unrecognizable level in a relatively brief period of time.

Back
Top Bottom