Bushrod open to playing guard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod open to playing guard

He better be open to where ever the hell we put him...

The question is, can he be effective at guard?

Ugh... Hope this is just smoke but I'm really starting to doubt it

Trying the annual "ok just be optimistic" thing again, but this seems like a really stupid idea to me. I like him as depth at tackle (especially when I'm accustomed to seeing a guy named Fox lining in that role). But all I really care about is seeing someone worth a #*$( replace Dallas Thomas.

If Bushrod is healthy he'll be a better starting guard than anything we had last year, but that isn't saying much.

If we don't sign Vasquez (Which doesn't look likely) we'll need to spend a high pick on a guard for 2016 because of how absolutely gaping that hole is.

did we ever find out what this guy signed for and how much guaranteed? I'm guessing all of it guaranteed

Doesn't really matter. He was drafted to be our swing tackle and he'll be delighted to play either OT when we get injuries there. Until then, he'd rather play OG than sit the bench. The only reason we're listing him as an OG right now is because we're trying (hopelessly) not to tip our hand about drafting 2 OG's. Realistically, every team in the NFL knows we NEED 2 new starting OG's and Bushrod isn't one of them.

Honestly, I'm not a "fan" of Bushrod, but when Albert gets injured (happens EVERY year), I feel better with Bushrod manning our LT position and James staying at RT than I am with Fox in the lineup or forcing a massive position change domino effect with James out of position at LT, new rookie OG out of position at RT, and some other OL plugged in at OG. So, I'm OK with this.

He is listed at 5 pounds more than dallas thomas so if he can just stand there he may be a significant upgrade to thomas

He better be willing to play OG, since it look like once again the Phins will not bring in a decent OG starter to camp as a free agent. Sure.....wait for the draft... Well I'm sick and tired of this FO neglecting such a huge hole in our team. How the hell are we going to fairly evaluate our QB if he continues to run for his life with ****ty OG play, and surely OT injury.

I think Albert will be in the same situation as he was after the Chiefs drafted Fisher. He was asked to move to guard as well. I think it's a shakedown year for him, and maybe, just maybe, Miami will seek to get younger through the draft, while we all think here certain vets will sign.

im baffled as to why we didnt sign one of the FA OG's. All this money going to DE's, which I understand because we barely got to the QB last year....but we NEED OG's. Turner im cool with, but Thomas needs to go or at least stay as a serviceable backup.

im baffled as to why we didnt sign one of the FA OG's.

literally EVERYONE gets it besides the idiots running this team. :bobdole:

Screen_Shot_2016_03_17_at_10_25_29_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_03_17_at_10_27_09_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_03_17_at_10_26_35_AM.png

Back
Top Bottom