Bushrod open to playing guard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod open to playing guard

When will this oline be fixed. Too many years wasted with no line. Our QB has not missed a game despite getting pummeled every game. I really don't get why it has taken this long to fix.
I am hoping they can find some more youngins to man the line. We need corn fed.
It all starts in the trenches. You need to win the POA. Here's to a good draft.

What's even worse is pretty much all that's left is Geoff Schwartz. A guard that has only started 16 games ONCE in his six year career and has missed the past 19 games in the past two seasons due to injury.

And concerning Bushrod . . . :bobdole: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...es-bears-special-spt-1101-20151031-story.html

Compared to what we have on the roster, Geoff Schwartz would be a prize signing.

Its like describing women relative to a city "Shes pretty hot... about a New Jersey 9, but an L.A 6. Maybe a Miami 5"

Geoff Schwartz is a Miami 9

"How the hell are we going to fairly evaluate our QB if he continues to run for his life with ****ty OG play, and surely OT injury."

I've been saying this on an endless loop in almost every thread relating to player acquisition and team needs.

he's our 3rd tackle, an OLD career tackle, who our fo is trying to double dip on at guard because we've whiffed on the guard prospects we called on/made offers to

that's it.

HE IS OPEN TO A ROSTER SPOT lol. they decided to keep playing a horrible tackle over him at end of year when he was healthy enough to play but our geniuses want to play him where he has never played in his life.
There is no defense of this move in any way.

If you want to see how a (and I didn't think I would say this) REAL team builds on OL to establish their offense, look at Oakland. Forget the money, look at the commitment and dedication to making their offense better where it REALLY matters.

They signed Osemele and everyone thought "he'll play tackle making that much money". Then they reeled Penn back in and turned an upgrade (Osemele) into a devastating Left Side that will simply open up interstate highways for the running game. And protect their franchise QB from repeating his brother's misfortunes.... and Tannehill's.

If something is important, truly important.... then you commit resources to the problem and solve it. Take note.

Since we were so savvy in creating all of this cap space, why did we need it if we aren't spending it? Don't give me the Suh restructure was necessary and we'll get the cap hit is negligible in future years. Nope that doesn't make a single bit of financial sense. You restructure to add QUALITY players. We restructured and have NOTHING to show for it.

Like sitting on cap space to roll into next year?

Take your cap money, I'll take Albert, Osemele, Pouncey, Turner/Schwartz and James for the next couple of years. And I promise you this board and these fans would be singing different tunes right about now.

Stick RB X behind Penn and Osemele and watch the yards pile up.

You don't just save cap money to save cap money. You save cap money to acquire quality players. If the player becomes available even when you are "saving" and you have the money... you get the player. Period.

And if anyone brings up evidence that we "tried to get Osemele" but he didn't want to come here.... then you have STARTED to understand WHY Tannenbaum IS THE PROBLEM. No one wants to be here. Why would they?

Hell, we don't want to be here.

If you want to see how a (and I didn't think I would say this) REAL team builds on OL to establish their offense, look at Oakland. Forget the money, look at the commitment and dedication to making their offense better where it REALLY matters.

They signed Osemele and everyone thought "he'll play tackle making that much money". Then they reeled Penn back in and turned an upgrade (Osemele) into a devastating Left Side that will simply open up interstate highways for the running game. And protect their franchise QB from repeating his brother's misfortunes.... and Tannehill's.

If something is important, truly important.... then you commit resources to the problem and solve it. Take note.

Since we were so savvy in creating all of this cap space, why did we need it if we aren't spending it? Don't give me the Suh restructure was necessary and we'll get the cap hit is negligible in future years. Nope that doesn't make a single bit of financial sense. You restructure to add QUALITY players. We restructured and have NOTHING to show for it.

Take your cap money, I'll take Albert, Osemele, Pouncey, Turner/Schwartz and James for the next couple of years. And I promise you this board and these fans would be singing different tunes right about now.

You don't just save cap money to save cap money. You save cap money to acquire quality players. If the player becomes available even when you are "saving" and you have the money... you get the player. Period.

And if anyone brings up evidence that we "tried to get Osemele" but he didn't want to come here.... then you have STARTED to understand WHY Tannenbaum IS THE PROBLEM. No one wants to be here. Why would they?

Much more important to build DT and DE depth with these idiots than starters at guard and corner

Bushrod openly spoke about his career possibly being over due to injury last year. Yeah... I think he's open to whichever ****ing spot we give him...

Bushrod openly spoke about his career possibly being over due to injury last year. Yeah... I think he's open to whichever ****ing spot we give him...

This is almost like Major League.....

(terrible misquote)

"I can't catch."

"I don't need you to catch, I need you to play 1st base"

Its beyond frustrating

This is almost like Major League.....

(terrible misquote)

"I can't catch."

"I don't need you to catch, I need you to play 1st base"
I think you meant moneyball. When he recruits hadaburg. Bushrod is exactly like that gave up cause he thought no one would want him lol. Unfortunately we won't rattle off a 4 game win streak to make the playoffs let alone a 20 ha.

Back
Top Bottom