Butch Davis Takes A Shot At Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Butch Davis Takes A Shot At Miami

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Butch Davis Takes A Shot At Miami
February 23rd, 2003
The Sun-Sentinel reports that when Butch Davis was asked whether Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb would start at quarterback for the Browns in 2003, Davis said, "This sounds like a pat answer, but I think we are one of the most fortunate teams in the league. The Dolphins right now ... they'd give anything to have two good quarterbacks. They spent the offseason complaining that the Cleveland Browns went to the playoffs and not them."

Any thoughts about this moron?

When did he say this? I say the quote on espn about him saying he has to good qb but not anything about the Fins. Why doesn’t he compare his ****y running back to ours. He would die to have Ricky.

Well... I don't know that the Dophins have spent the offseason complaining about the Browns making the playoffs and not us. But I do know that if we had Couch and Holcomb we would be better off than we are now.

I cant remember which one of our players was whining about it, but one of them said something along the lines of i cant believe we didnt make the playoffs, with teams like the browns theres no excuse for it...or soemthing along those lines. If i was Butch id say something too...With that statement and Wanny basically blaming Fiedlers injury for not making the playoffs Butch can say whatever he wants about our team...

I hate Butch now.... Dissing his the city he once coached.... ('Canes)

Oh well...

I liked the Browns a lot before this.

The should move to Syracuse (Sp?) and become the Syracuse Oranges...

Their uniforms is more orange than anything else. I still never understod the name or the resemblance to dogs. Brown isn't a type of dog.

Well there were dolphins whining about the browns making the playoffs and the dolphins not...and the dolphins could use a qb...so what did butch say that wasnt true?

Tell me you have heard of the Dawg Pound.

lol I mean Browns has nothing to do about dogs.... I have a dog.... A winner(SP) dog... A Doxin

The name Browns came from an egotistical (original) owner Paul Brown. The Dawg Pound I DON'T get. Something that got started somehow. Kind of like the Raiders and their fans' goth drag queen motif

Back
Top Bottom