Buzz about Brent Grimes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz about Brent Grimes

Digital

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Barry Jackson's latest Sports Buzz column has a few Dolphins snippets in there about Reshad Jones, Michael Egnew and Brent Grimes, such as:

The Dolphins are optimistic Brent Grimes will be an upgrade over cornerback Sean Smith, who signed with Kansas City. Reshad Jones and Chris Clemons used the same word to describe Grimes: “explosive.” Guard Tyson Clabo, his Dolphins and former Falcons teammate, said: “He’s the most athletic person I’ve ever seen in my life. He can do amazing things – leaping ability, bouncing off one leg.”

I'm so ****ing excited for the season to start!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brent Grimes is better on one leg than Sean Smith is at full strength.

True story.

I'm about tell the wife....."get the jersey and pumps out", lol.

There's no doubt that in his prime, Brent grimes is one of the most athletic corners in the league. The question is if he's going to be healthy and if he's still got it in him with his age. The Achilles is a tough thing to heal. And the older you get the harder it gets to build it back up. I really hope he can make a full recovery.

Go Fins!

and we have depth and experience at corner to boot with flexibility to see who stays and goes. the competition is fierce.

[video=youtube;PKLL7Lk74D8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKLL7Lk74D8[/video]

### Dolphins tight end Michael Egnew has been training in mixed martial arts three days a week: “Doing that, You learn how to compete. “I expect to play this year. I’ve gotten stronger. I’m absolutely ready.” But Dion Sims is the better blocker to complement starter Dustin Keller. Egnew has more stretch-the-field skills than Sims but has a long way to go.

Grimes is far and away more important than Egnew, and some may make some fun of the martial arts training. However, it shows me that Egnew has not given up, and did his best to try and improve to help our team. Don't know if it will work but, I have to give him credit for trying.

Martin did the same on the farm. Tannehill did the same, and I know, for a fact, that Miller and Vernon did the same. It says a lot about the guys we drafted last year. Add in Jerry, who kept his weight down.

No one knows how all the work will translate on the field but, it does say something positive on our coaches and players.

There's no doubt that in his prime, Brent grimes is one of the most athletic corners in the league. The question is if he's going to be healthy and if he's still got it in him with his age. The Achilles is a tough thing to heal. And the older you get the harder it gets to build it back up. I really hope he can make a full recovery.

Go Fins!

He is only 29. I'm sure he not only still has it in him but with a year away from football has an intensity built up to go out there and dominate.

Back
Top Bottom