Buzz about Brent Grimes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz about Brent Grimes

I'm hoping you're right and you could very well be.

Thanks, also think about it like this. Grimes is really playing for his last NFL contract. If he balls out this year he can sign that last 3-4 year big dollar contract before retiring. With his wife as his manager I'm sure he has all the incentive in the world to play huge and shut her up. Just sayin...know how that goes.

### Dolphins tight end Michael Egnew has been training in mixed martial arts three days a week: “Doing that, You learn how to compete. “I expect to play this year. I’ve gotten stronger. I’m absolutely ready.” But Dion Sims is the better blocker to complement starter Dustin Keller. Egnew has more stretch-the-field skills than Sims but has a long way to go.

Grimes is far and away more important than Egnew, and some may make some fun of the martial arts training. However, it shows me that Egnew has not given up, and did his best to try and improve to help our team. Don't know if it will work but, I have to give him credit for trying.

Martin did the same on the farm. Tannehill did the same, and I know, for a fact, that Miller and Vernon did the same. It says a lot about the guys we drafted last year. Add in Jerry, who kept his weight down.

No one knows how all the work will translate on the field but, it does say something positive on our coaches and players.

Definitely says something about the coaching. Philbin is a no nonsense guy and if your not ready to work hard at your JOB and CAREER then move on to the next team.

This is the kinda stuff that's fun about being a long-time fan of a team. Seeing guys develop and turn potential into performance, or seeing a guy come back from injury to top form.

It's simple: If RT17 is the real deal this Dolphins team will make us smile.

We really need Grimes to be healthy and play at his preinjury level

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Mike-Wallace-Speaks/eecb11fe-7080-49d4-9007-2f59b5806283

Check out Wallace comment about 3:10 mark when asked about what he thought of Brent Grimes

WR- Mike Wallace "It's cool Man.I like Brent,I liked him as a player before I got here,Its different going with a guy so short.I know one time Hartline thought he was falling down but actually he was just back pedaling.He's just short.He's probably one of the most athletic guys I've ever seen.He can run, he can jump, he can do it all. He plays a lot bigger than his height."

Back
Top Bottom